Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to the forum. Have found all the comments really useful in deciding on our next car.

We have tested a 1.4 excellence and have decided to go ahead. However our local Seat dealers hire quote is £30 per month more than Nationwide Lease. Has anyone used a lease company before. Are there any disadvantages over pcp.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not really. Stricter mileage and sometimes the pence per mile is higher than PCP. There is no option to buy the car though, so you never own it. Usually you pay 3 months initial rental on PCH. One of the benefits I like though is that if you do not use your mileage allowance during your term, you can be refunded the money on a pence per mile basis, but that can be different between companies.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I always struggle to find deals and information about PCH. Always believed it was quite rare? It would be preferable for me because I never actually own the car at the end, so may as well PCH. Too late for me now having ordered one, but it is something I may consider in the future.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Magpie86 said:
I always struggle to find deals and information about PCH. Always believed it was quite rare? It would be preferable for me because I never actually own the car at the end, so may as well PCH. Too late for me now having ordered one, but it is something I may consider in the future.
There isn't much in it to be honest. PCP is more or less PCH with a slightly longer term and option to buy the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even though Contract Hire will be cheaper over 4 years we are going to go for PCP.
We will be adding extras so may want to keep the car longer. Also like with hiring a
car on holiday don't want to get stung when they check the car for wear and tear at
the end of the term.

Its annoying that I like a car so much that is popular and has supply problems so
there are no deals to be had. The only thing we have is that our dealer says he will
honour the £500 test drive offer even if the car arrives after December.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went for PCP too for my FE 1.6 tdi with good discount on the Car and £750 voucher (£500 test drive and £250 Seat Voucher).

Tried Contract hire from various online sites, no one had any available for order even though they had them on there websites.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dellfan

Where did you get the Seat £250 voucher from. Also how did you manage to get a discount. I don't
suppose the dealer is anywhere near Yorkshire as mine is completely inflexible.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's not Harrogate Seat that another member was having a moab about a few days back on not taking vouchers. There was a link that I think Kindness gave me to the voucher when I was searching.

OK you got Kindness to thank for that. I never tried it myself since I'd bought the car and would be pushing my luck:

https://web1.seat.co.uk/extforms/voucher/?range=ateca

·
Registered
119 Posts
Belluszyra said:
Hi Dellfan

Where did you get the Seat £250 voucher from. Also how did you manage to get a discount. I don't

Cheers
I had voucher when i went on Seat website last month. There's a link somewhere on this forum to get the £250 voucher. I don't know if it is still available.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tell said:
That's not Harrogate Seat that another member was having a moab about a few days back on not taking vouchers. There was a link that I think Kindness gave me to the voucher when I was searching.

OK you got Kindness to thank for that. I never tried it myself since I'd bought the car and would be pushing my luck:

https://web1.seat.co.uk/extforms/voucher/?range=ateca
Ha...there you go... thanks Tell..i was searching for the same.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I do remember detail at times :).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many thanks Tell and Kindness. Will see if it works.

Its the dealer in Huddersfield which is part of the Syntner Group. If they won't honour
then I will look elsewhere. Can't believe they will pass up a sale for the sake of £250
especially as I assume Seat will reimburse them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Belluszyra

If you have no joy then is Lincoln any where in shooting distance for you?

Horton Seat have been more than fair with me

·
Registered
165 Posts
No it was me moaning York SEAT wont add the £250 voucher to my existing order unless other people have been able to, playing the game a bit with me. And then i said if they dont when it comes to ordering roof bars etc ill go to Harrogate Seat.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Belluszyra said:
Hi Dellfan

Cheers
Belluszyra if you don't mind a bit of a travel to get your car I highly recommend Arnold Clarks who have a SEAT branch in Preston & Gateshead. I think I manged to get one of the best discounts so far at £1960 off list price with PCP. This was with £300 test driving a car with them, £250 from the website one that Tell is talking about then a further £1410 off from the dealership. Check their website out here where it tells you discounts.

https://www.arnoldclark.com/new-cars/seat/ateca

·
Registered
334 Posts
DELLFAN said:
I went for PCP too for my FE 1.6 tdi with good discount on the Car and £750 voucher (£500 test drive and £250 Seat Voucher).

Tried contract hire from various online sites, no one had any available for order even though they had them on there websites.
That's exactly my deal on my FE although they wouldn't give me the 250 seat voucher because I had already ordered one before the voucher was available, so used a separate dealership 250 voucher they had going to net the 750 total. When you say "with good discount on the car" do you mean the in built discount the FE has, the 1100 of options we are not paying for :-D Or do you mean you managed to get even more off the rrp?

@kindness, you really did get a good deal!! What spec did you order again?

Tomorrow is officially the last week of September so could get a call to pick mine up any day!! Think I will leave it till Friday to ring if I haven't heard, don't want to annoy them by pestering, they have always said more likely first week October...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dunn VAG Happy said:
No it was me moaning York SEAT wont add the £250 voucher to my existing order unless other people have been able to, playing the game a bit with me. And then i said if they dont when it comes to ordering roof bars etc ill go to Harrogate Seat.
If they are literally just giving you the test drive voucher that is pretty poor considering others have had the 250, while people like kindness have managed to get even more off just because they felt they could. Suppose it depends if they want the sales, but still strikes me as being overly harsh.

Depends how badly you want the car quickly but I would contact a different dealer, like Arnold Clark, get the better offer and then go back to your current dealer. Bet they would twist then rather than you cancelling!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Magpie86 said:
DELLFAN said:

Tried contract hire from various online sites, no one had any available for order even though they had them on there websites.
That's exactly my deal on my FE although they wouldn't give me the 250 seat voucher because I had already ordered one before the voucher was available, so used a separate dealership 250 voucher they had going to net the 750 total. When you say "with good discount on the car" do you mean the in built discount the FE has, the 1100 of options we are not paying for :-D Or do you mean you managed to get even more off the rrp?

@kindness, you really did get a good deal!! What spec did you order again?

Tomorrow is officially the last week of September so could get a call to pick mine up any day!! Think I will leave it till Friday to ring if I haven't heard, don't want to annoy them by pestering, they have always said more likely first week October...
No i wasn't referring to in car discount FEs has. I was given discount on the rrp and good price on the part ex. My dealer was Arnold Clark. They were really good. I was told delivery by end of this week but haven't heard from them since my order. Might be calling them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My dealer also did a very good price for me and a fair price in my trade in. No arguing about vouchers was needed.
I'll be honest I didn't realise how good a deal until I saw the comments here about dealers not budging hardly :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Probably the Spaniels did it for you...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts