Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoken to dealership following contradictory information online on official site as to whether the excellence trim has cornering fogs or not ....... it does NOT ... LED lights are deemed good enough for it not to be needed

I did point out to dealership that info online in main site says they do if you do a trim compare ....

Not a deal breaker by any means - just annoying that incorrect info was given in first place and not been updated

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm convinced that we know more about these cars than any of the dealerships. I was gutted that I didn't get the speed limit sign showing on the binicle display even though the dealer said they all have it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Dougie you can answer something for me

I've just been looking at pics of interiors and it doesn't look like there is any height adjustment in the seat belt?

never noticed on test drive but wondering if I'm going to get garrotted as I do in some vehicles if I can drop the height :shock:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
hey Dougie you can answer something for me

I've just been looking at pics of interiors and it doesn't look like there is any height adjustment in the seat belt?

never noticed on test drive but wondering if I'm going to get garrotted as I do in some vehicles if I can drop the height :shock:
Not as far as I'm aware. I'll take a look later but I think that because the front seats go up and down it's not so important that the seat belts do. I may be wrong though! :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if I go too high my short legs won't reach pedals lol

I don't recall it rubbing on the test drive so hopefully all will be well.
I don't want to look like something has been nibbling my neck :oops:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my legs are short enough you could rest your chin on the top of my head :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you said 6ft 3 you could have rested your pint on my head ! :shock:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need a step ladder to climb in the car :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Least you stopped at one dimension.

I was looking for your dog sensitivity alarm button today and didn't find that. It's hiding somewhere.

On the height adjustment without going out to the car I looked at the panoramic picture I posted up inside. Mine is full at the top. Sure they don't move in a self adjusting rail. Leave that one hanging till someone tells you otherwise or I go out to the car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Least you stopped at one dimension.

I was looking for your dog sensitivity alarm button today and didn't find that. It's hiding somewhere.

On the height adjustment without going out to the car I looked at the panoramic picture I posted up inside. Mine is full at the top. Sure they don't move in a self adjusting rail. Leave that one hanging till someone tells you otherwise or I go out to the car.
Just been out to look and there is no obvious adjustment at all.

I'm sure you won't find it a problem though Saggy, especially if you didn't notice on the test drive.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You are quite correct, no adjustment whatsoever. Must be a new way of doing them or perhaps the auto tensions don't work if there was. Pass on that.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for checking both of you

Appreciated :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell, without meaning to sound rude as I've got no idea what you do for a living, but you've missed your vocation! You should be teaching the dealerships about the cars so they don't just keep telling everybody that everything is fitted as standard!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Ahem, back on topic, have been out a few times tonight dropping the kids to their various activities, and have been noticing a weird effect while driving in the dark, finally realising it's the cornering fog lights..

I was under the impression it was both fog lights together, and they literally cornered IF you had the fog lights on, to help you see around foggy bends etc..

No. As you are driving on normal dipped beams and turn the wheel, ONE foglight only for the side you are turning into, comes on as you enter the bend..

I then parked up, and rocked the steering back and fore, and the fog lights on either side were dancing on and off..

They also come on if you indicate..

What are oncoming vehicles going to think when a car is coming towards them and a single fog light comes on as it takes a bend?? Weird facility I think..

I have just been thru the menus and can't seem to find an option to deactivate this?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ghiggz you'll get used to it and love it .... it's only at slower speeds. Great on estates, especially as they have started switching streetlights off

seriously persevere a while and then make your mind up

I used to love mine on my old car

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.