Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My Ateca landed in the UK port today. How long does it normally take to get through customs and on its way to the dealership?

I ordered it in May when pre orders first opened and im a tiny bit excited

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Not customs as such. Seat check the cars in the UK which can take a week or so, then the dealer is free to request delivery which can take 7-10 days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell said:
Not customs as such. Seat check the cars in the UK which can take a week or so, then the dealer is free to request delivery which can take 7-10 days.
Tell - Thanks for this, looks like I've got at least another 2 weeks to wait then. I'm just so impatient.
This is my first brand new car so i didnt have any idea how long the delivery process would take.

·
Registered
581 Posts
First brand new car!
Reminds me of mine, our current car that's going back when our Ateca comes was my first brand new car.

The very day we had it, just 32 miles on the clock, my wife caught the wall getting off the drive due to some van parked really close to our drive.
Big scrape on bottom of back door, about an inch wide, right down to the metal, almost punctured the metal in fact.
She locked herself in the bathroom till I calmed down lol.
Cost us £200 to repair!

To get mine in time, lease company said it needs too be at dealers by Nov 11th. So hopefully mine was on the same boat as some of yours and is in the country somewhere??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Spaceonwhite said:
Mine arrived at a UK port on the 10th October and just been offered a delivery date of the 27th : )
Hi,
Did you get that information from the dealer or Seat.
The dealer telephoned me 2 weeks ago and advised that my car was now in transit, but I know no more....

Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ghiggz said:
First brand new car!
Reminds me of mine, our current car that's going back when our Ateca comes was my first brand new car.

The very day we had it, just 32 miles on the clock, my wife caught the wall getting off the drive due to some van parked really close to our drive.
Big scrape on bottom of back door, about an inch wide, right down to the metal, almost punctured the metal in fact.
Cost us £200 to repair!

To get mine in time, lease company said it needs too be at dealers by Nov 11th. So hopefully mine was on the same boat as some of yours and is in the country somewhere??
our build week was w/c 26th sept & landed in the UK yesterday.
Im soooo impatient! ive been waiting 6 months as we pre ordered in may!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wiz2003 said:
Spaceonwhite said:
Mine arrived at a UK port on the 10th October and just been offered a delivery date of the 27th : )
Hi,
The dealer telephoned me 2 weeks ago and advised that my car was now in transit, but I know no more....

We got a phone call from our dealer yesterday saying it was in the country & was in transit w/c 3rd oct.
either give seat customer care a call or ask your dealer for an update.

·
Registered
118 Posts
AliT91 said:
wiz2003 said:
Spaceonwhite said:
Hi,

We got a phone call from our dealer yesterday saying it was in the country & was in transit w/c 3rd oct.
either give seat customer care a call or ask your dealer for an update.
Thank you.... Was working next to dealer yesterday, so called in......
Will call customer care...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It goes something like this if it's not an usual colour (orange) or 1.4 or electric seat perhaps. Indicative build week about a month in, which customer services will tell you about if you phone. That firms up about two weeks later if build is two months in, then about five weeks to get it to the dealer. I think they are batched up for transport to the UK so that can put a delay in till they get the batch, that's the variable bit after build.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ghiggz said:
First brand new car!

Cost us £200 to repair!
That's a trifle unfortunate. I'm a bit worried I won't fluff the controls or grind the wheels on the curb shortly after I get it. I think we will all be going on the road about the same time, some of us. Mines enjoying the sun in the port at the minute.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
UK port, I was being sarcastic about the sun. It's on hold till I get back home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell said:
UK port, I was being sarcastic about the sun. It's on hold till I get back home.
Ours will be having a nice little chat then ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
AliT91 said:
Tell said:
Looking at your spec they will probably be admiring each others gear changers.....

I see you are having the Navi Plus like me. We are an usual breed, but Germans prefer to order this option, creme la creme of the VW navigation unit. I worked out I can get my complete music library in Flac on two 128gb cards in SD slots 1 & 2. Slot 1 is available since the maps are held in the units memory. I'm hoping it's pretty fast given that the maps aren't being loaded over the SD bus and we have 3D mapping. I prefer 2D mapping but I'll have to use 3D since I've paid extra, although next turns will be on the drivers display.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tell said:
AliT91 said:
Tell said:
Looking at your spec they will probably be admiring each others gear changers.....

I see you are having the Navi Plus like me. We are an usual breed, but Germans prefer to order this option, creme la creme of the VW navigation unit. I worked out I can get my complete music library in Flac on two 128gb cards in SD slots 1 & 2. Slot 1 is available since the maps are held in the units memory. I'm hoping it's pretty fast given that the maps aren't being loaded over the SD bus and we have 3D mapping. I prefer 2D mapping but I'll have to use 3D since I've paid extra, although next turns will be on the drivers display.
We've always been phone/tom tom users so it'll be a novelilty to have it ready and waiting to use, -although i don't often use sat nav, may have to use it on journey i know :lol:

Roll on delivery!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.