Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not having had a chance to view an Xcellence before order I am wondering how dark it feels inside with the black roof cloth

I debated on panoramic roof but when I've had one in past I found I kept the blinds drawn most the time so the dogs kept cooler.....

Has anyone been inside and how did it feel?
I can't think of any car I've owned in my lifetime of the roof trim being anything other than grey/cream

I think I'm going to go with some red dash trim just to brighten things up a little :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Been inside one with panoramic and one without. Without it does feel darker than my Altea since its all black. You probably get use to it. I'll probably moan about too much light coming through the panoramic blind compared with my Altea. Other than that the interior is fine and the leather seats are fine. Not a lot of gloss up front on trim.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Tell

too late for me to decide I don't like it but just struggling to imagine the feel inside

I did test drive a diff trim level and manual 1.6 on 17" so mine will be a lot different in many ways but have had 2tdi DSG in both VW and Skoda before so got a fair idea

nothing like buying blind lol :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's what I did. I'm expecting it to run a lot like my Altea DSG Sport on 17" wheels where it will hug the road, drop into pothole if you don't pick your route through. I was a bit startled when I worked out the power to wait ratio I was getting, 40 percent increase. The Altea has the racing ride, this will be much the same but 7 speed DSG and you have the fun of 4WD which I haven't had before.

Ateca feel inside, imagine a darkened cinema :).

The Altea is lined silver ish. All Xcellences in the UK are the same, black, top to bottom. You get your sun glasses holder in the roof, that's deleted with the panoramic roof. I'm going to let my cat do bird watching on the annual 50 mile journey round the M25. So basically I shut out the light with a solid blind on my sunshine roof ag the minute so I'm shifting to a transparent blind, so I might get irritated with too much light coming down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Never had a car without black roof lining. Yes it's dark but it looks great! I can imagine it will look even better at night with the interior lighting as well.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Expect black leather seats then in previous cars. All mine have been fun interiors with colour inside to now.

I would have liked to have kept it like that. I have sort have noticed a class system at work with the Ateca models, very BA or British Rail of old. The more basic models toned down and no option to upgrade, Seats that is, chrome only on the Xcellence. If you want the Xcellence this is what excellence is, is so excellent you are going to have black and you will love it.

Cranking ones head into most top of the range cars these days have the dreaded black leather and I guess everything else black inside. Saying this Ateca Xcellence's in other countries give you alcantara seating as an option. I image staff in MK HQs staff are into whips, leather and bondage. It's just so stereotypical:). Diversity gone too far.

Lack of choice outside of the leather caused me to stall the pre sales purchase by a month as I looked at the Tiguan but finally returned back to the Ateca on outside looks and supposed handling. There will be other buyers I suspect like me who are turned off by leather and will look elsewhere purely down to Seat UK being a bit pig headed in not giving interior options in the Xcellence which all other Seat markets do except Ireland but that has now changed seeing the light of day. I would love to know exactly what the thinking was in optioning out alcantara in the UK.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Atecaim said:
Never had a car without black roof lining. Yes it's dark but it looks great! I can imagine it will look even better at night with the interior lighting as well.
I had a few drives in a Peugeot before with the interior lighting and loved it so I am looking forward to that

I'm thinking red tone light and a bit of red added on my dash too

I'll probably go from being a happy gentle person into an angry mare haha

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell said:
I image staff in MK HQs staff are into whips, leather and bondage. It's just so stereotypical:).
Nothing wrong with that ;) :lol: :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes but enforced for all....

·
Registered
165 Posts
One day Tell, i hope, you will drop your beef with leather interiors (non intended pun). I know a lot of people on here like them and that the leather interior gives the premium car feel. As you rightly say its the Xcellence model so its probably what you should expect. I do like the Alacantara interior but im also very glad i dont need to pay for the upgrade to leather.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell said:
Yes but enforced for all....
get the missus to buy you some wooden bead covers for xmas :mrgreen:

·
Registered
165 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: the dreaded beaded seat covers, i do hope they never come back into fashion.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dunn VAG Happy said:
you will drop your beef with leather interiors (non intended pun).
:mrgreen:

I must admit I'm pleased leather as easier for me to keep looking pristine

The bits that drop out my sandwiches mark cloth ;)

Cloth is nice in extremes of weather (hot and cold) but I never manage to keep them looking nice

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
In Ireland it's all free, black or brown leather or alcantara, no reason why they didn't do it here. Didn't mention the veggies, although my partner has now accepted leather but it's also over the top for Seat to force you down this route where the animals are killed purely for their leather. Leather's not the bye product of the slaughter. Was it you with the veggie wife, someone around here has. It is a bit off that your spouses and partners has to put up with it, although as said mine has accepted it now. That's why I went off looking at the Tiguan since it was too much to ask.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah she is a veggie but accepts that the leather will be responsibly sourced, and thus would rather see it used that way than wasted, imagine the headlines if it wasn't.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
After breeding for their skin it would be just pure stupid.... poor old cows. Putting to one side the source of the material, the seats were not bad to sit in and the car had been outside parked in the sun and they were not boiling hot to sit in. Hobson choice but not good marketing from Seat UK. Have to be careful I don't diss the lower models, wasn't impressed with those seats. Looked a bit cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts