Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused. I have previously had automatic lighting in my Seat Leon and Audi S3, never ever used it, found myself manually using the lights all the time, I don't know but I didn't use the auto so I opted for the manual operated full LED lights on my Ateca, however the dashboard appears to still operate on an auto light dim sensor...what frustrates me is it appears to do the opposite of what I want.

In the day, suns out, bright as anything the headlights are off and the dashboard glows at 100%, in the evening no dashboard lights at all, not even on side lights, only when I turn the headlights on.

The frustrating thing is even when going through a tunnel the dashboard lights do the opposite and turn off, when they were preciously on!

I know I I opted for manual light but this is just weird! Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, I went out for a drive Sunday up around the Brecon Beacons, had the lights on dipped as was a bit murky, and noticed the dash lights were constantly fading on and off all the time too...
Mine hasn't got auto lights..

Also have no NAV, so using Androidauto/maps, which works great for the most, but when you put sidelights or dipped on, the display automatically goes into night mode, so as it was a bit murky I had lights on, but display went into black colour night mode with reduced contrast etc, and you cant see it at all... had to turn the lights off again to see the map when I needed it..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, glad you noticed it too! The dash is constantly fading on and off. Its annoying. Stay on, or off please.! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
EDB4YLI55 said:
Yeah, glad you noticed it too! The dash is constantly fading on and off. Its annoying. Stay on, or off please.! :)
Edbayli55 - believe it or not it's specifically designed to do just that!!! The dimming effect is supposed to remind you to switch on your headlight when it gets darker, if you don't have an Auto settI G. It's linked to a feed from the light detector at the rear view mirror. Our A3 and Polo are the same..... ;) and they have auto lights, but it does this when they're not on the Auto setting. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
My ex's 2009 A3 had this, so it's not a new "feature" so to speak. I did wonder what the point of it was as it never seemed to follow a regular pattern.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I want to start singing the meatloaf song

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I just couldn't help myself :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
I just couldn't help myself :lol:

I just watched all 8 minutes lol
Love it!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saggy said:
:lol: I thought you meant "Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are"

·
Registered
918 Posts
JLO said:
Saggy said:
:lol: I thought you meant "Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are"

Good call JLO :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
JLO said:
Saggy said:

Middle of the night, like a kid before Xmas listening to that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts