Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my SE ecomotive now for 3 days. Just shy of 100 miles at the moment (was 19 when delivered).

As you'll know the SE doesn't have auto or LED headlights (unless you add that option).

My question is, surely I should be able to keep the LED daytime running lights or sidelights on and you'd expect it to light up the dashboard dials on the speedo?? but mine doesn't.

Is there a setting somewhere for this or is it by design that it doesn't light them up unless your using your dipped headlights.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't think you can, it was the same on my ex's Ibiza. I'm guessing it is like that to discourage people from only using their DRL's when they should be using headlights.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They lighten up when you get the rotator dial from Auto to "On".

·
Registered
581 Posts
Bagheera said:
They lighten up when you get the rotator dial from Auto to "On".
We don't have AUTO on the SE (as standard)....

And Yes Redleaf, mines the same...
It was the opposite on my old Astra, the dash lights were always on with the ignition, but that meant if it got dark as you drove, you forgot to turn the lights on as you can always see the dash... So thats probably why they dont do it, like David_S says...

Reversely, when you do put the headlights on, the touch screen then goes into night mode and dims, and android auto/google maps goes into night mode too, with the black/blue map, making the screen almost impossible to see in the day...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a feeling it was set up that way. In which case that eases my mind that my dash lights aren'r broken :lol:

Agreed, the maps going into night mode isn't exactly the best. To be fair though, I don't use google maps that often unless I don't know where I'm going so I generally have the sound switched on so it narrates the directions so most of the time I shouldn't really need to see the screen.
Haven't tried it during the day with just the DRL. I might try it today to see the difference :)

Lovely drive to work this morning on a 5 mile trip in the rain and I managed to get 41.2mpg. Can't complain at that. Hopefully that figure creeps up a bit more now :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an se and there are lights on all day? I'm sorry I'm not a technical person so can't describe it properly but there are always lights on in the headlight cluster when I drive the car. These are different lights to the ones that I manually put on when driving in the dark.
On a different note, does anyone know how to make the volume louder when receiving an incoming call? Mine is nearly a whisper and I can't hear people speak.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Fordmax,

The lights that you mention are likely to be the DRL (Daytime Running Lights), which by default are always on when ignition is switched on, even when you haven't manually switched the lights on. During the day they are fine as there is enough daytime light not to need lights on for the dashboard, it's only when night comes and you need to physically switch on the headlights to get a dashboard light. I guess it's clever thinking by Seat so that you put on your dips at night in order for you to get an internal dashboard lit up.

I think the phone volume control is either configured via the Sound menu or just the normal twisty button. If I remember correctly I think I just turned up the volume as you would for the radio and the phone audio got louder.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Phone speech is quieter - I always have to turn it up ....

Was going to look in setting as some point to see if a default volume setting I can adjust but not got round to it yet :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fordmax said:
I have an se and there are lights on all day? I'm sorry I'm not a technical person so can't describe it properly but there are always lights on in the headlight cluster when I drive the car. These are different lights to the ones that I manually put on when driving in the dark.
On a different note, does anyone know how to make the volume louder when receiving an incoming call? Mine is nearly a whisper and I can't hear people speak.
Yep telephone volume control is on page 109 & 110 of manual

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Mode of transport

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts