Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ordered your car before August 2016 you probably noticed in the catalogue Ateca came with DCC, gear sound speaker and recinable sliding rear bench.
This "pack" was set as included in some finishings.
Nobody noticed?
Am just looking forward any catalogue from July 2016 before it was changed in August . UK version.
Some costumers in Spain bought their units by catalogue and finally the DCC vanished arguing it was a typo mess and the Ateca would never wear this option, nowadays it seems to configurable in some European countries.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Tip on brouchures - they all have a disclaimer along the lines of "Correct at time of going to press, contact our dealer for lastest info".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Tip on brouchures - they all have a disclaimer along the lines of "Correct at time of going to press, contact our dealer for lastest info".
Thanks, that's always supposed to be printed. :?
, just trying to find one single catalogue to prove we were fooled as some bought by catalogue and no one, nor Seat nor dealer, said it wasn't coming built in.
Kinda the same problem with the 4x2 out of homologation and get a 4drive for same price.

This pack is about 900€ nowadays and was meant to be included in the final price-offer by that time.
Any Ateca at any country for the "same" price should be able to come with same specs, at least in Europe.
Thanks again.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I did notice the back seat leather coming apart in the videos at launch. German Ateca folk were taking on Seat over the advertised full footwell lights in the rear but one had an email or letter which got Seat off the hook.

I have a June UK 2016 pdf and no mention of the recline and sliding rear seats in that, perhaps it was sorted out before it got translated.

On DCC Spanish threads were talking about it last June

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://www.clubseatateca.com/temas/lleva-el-ateca-dcc-no.168/&prev=search

The launch in the UK was later than Europe so they sorted that one out in the UK material. On the AdBlue issue for the 2WD 2.0 TDIs they must of genuinely thought it was going to pass emissions without the Adblue SCR and only the 4WD would be stressing out fumes. Orders were taken across Europe and the UK for that, then it failed testing or too close to call.

The German Ateca site had links to its compliance testing last year. The SSP 163 shows the intended non AdBlue version of the car. They haven't redrafted that so it remains a momento of that one.

Back on DCC

I see the German Ateca forumn one person says 5 days ago DCC is on the Austrian configurator, but not on the German configurator. Only suppose to be 4Drive. So one suspects people who thought they had ordered it were aggrieved last year when it could be available now, but isn't... unless you live in Austria may be.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2706-DCC-bestellbar-in-%25C3%2596sterreich/&prev=search

(Perhaps the web site designers loaded up an old file...)

For my year £35,000 car I do get the feeling of corner cutting in places, the use of cheap plastic in the boot which actually goes through into the main body of the car, except in the boot you see how wafer thin it is, more obvious. Probably recycled so we can't complain. Lack of storage compartments, lights in the boot, power out in the rear. I get the feeling that elements of it were rushed so they didn't put in the quality feel to it in places, other parts there is no issue.

I am intrigued as to what will be on the Yeti II and how that is priced. Seating flexibility was the Yeti's strong point, may be the Czech workers will get the upper hand building a better car in functionality to the Ateca even though it's built alongside. We will see. If it is, then clearly the Spanish staff failed in making sure that they got the Ateca as good as it could be and whoever executed the final design left enough room for the Yeti II to pitch higher. We'll see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update on the DCC ?
As they announced, starting with the launch of FR version, DCC should be available on the Ateca. Any info about DCC being available also for the other trims?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts