Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received an email from my dealer stating:

We've managed to change one of our stock orders to your new Seat Ateca requirements, so the car is now with a provisional build week for:

Week 25 Sun 25 June 2017 Sat 1 July 2017

If that mantains, it means that you can have the car sooner that we are thinking before.
The problem is that my existing Leon PCP runs to September & the Ateca purchase was predicated on this and the dealer saying that current lead times means a late September delivery of the Ateca at the earliest.

As much as I'd love the new car as soon as possible, because the dealer has fixed the value of the Leon trade-in, the outstanding finance due if I settle that 2 months early will mean in £500 out of pocket compared to transitioning from the Leon to the Ateca in September. Not to mention that the vehicle would then be a 17 plate rather than a 67 plate as the dealer stated before I ordered.

Looking for some advice...

Is it reasonable to tell the dealer that I don't want the earlier delivery (as it will cost me more money) or that I'll only accept that if they increase the trade-in value of the Leon to offset the extra finance settlement that will be due? What other options do I have?

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you stated that you had a current pcp deal and wanted it in the September then yes tell him it's not suitable to have it earlier

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chances are they didn't check before they emailed you. I would drop them a line to remind them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer has said that the build week is provisional and may slip slightly anyway but that if the vehicle arrives before September they will hold on to it and not register it until 1st Sep so that it has a '67' plate.

That sounds reasonable to me - it will be a MY18 build either way and as long as it's a '67' and the warranty doesn't start until I formally purchase it then I guess it doesn't matter if it's sat in the dealer's storage facility for a few weeks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts