106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did all the sums and made my decision. New company car finally ordered! :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:mrgreen:

Congratulations lol

Good to see heated windscreen in the list and guess you do a fair bit motorway driving from the xtras :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Saggy I do a lot of M/way driving and was only disappointed that you can only get the Traffic Jam Assist in the DSG models. My trips around the M25 would have been so much more pleasurable with TJA!
I used to own a Ford and I would say that the heated windscreen was the single thing that I missed the most when changed jobs and I had to sell it because I was getting a company car, which unfortunately was a Vauxhall. I believe that the patent that Ford had on heated windscreens has only recently expired but if I could have only chosen one extra it would have been this. My Ford Focus was the envy of the street in the horrendous winter of 2010!
Having had a diesel for donkey's years I am a bit apprehensive about going back to petrol but at £100 in co car tax and £60 personal contribution per month cheaper than the 2.0 TDI and the mileage rate being exactiy the same for both cars it was a no brainer really. I think we worked it out that over a year the difference was only about a tankful of fuel difference. Proper excited though!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I was same as you ... had a ford with the windscreen and eversince hated the times I didn't have one

I do most my miles on single lane a roads and a lot of b's so although all the driver assist stuff is great the 4wd is the thing for me and my budget had to stop somewhere :)

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a car in all my life and with an ex in the trade I've had a lot of things parked on my drive, including an Aston before that although lovely was totally impractical lol

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm sure he wasn't that bad and had a full range of accessories;).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
I'm sure he wasn't that bad and had a full range of accessories;).
:lol: he was loud, expensive, and drank loads although had a nice body

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Like the Aston then :).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excited as I am about my Ateca, you have trumped it with tales of an Aston! :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.