Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what UK dealers are quoting for delivery, but in Spain I was quoted 5 months if I order today! Apparently they have taken 5000 orders in Spain and 5000 orders in Germany. In Spain 50% of the orders are for the 1.4tsi.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Personally I haven't been given a delivery date but I note one or two have been here. One is a lease company where one suspects Seat UK has given the company a date, that date was around November which sort of fits in with your five months wait. Another guy here who seems to have found a discounter was quoted three months. The pre order First Edition seem to be saying October but they had their name down a month before, reckon that's about five months. The odd one out in this information is the discounter with the three months. I gave up with the more extreme discounters myself since I concluded they were fantasy merchants advertising something that they couldn't deliver, which proved the case three time when I tried to place an order (like landing a plane if you don't get it down three times you fly off somewhere else). Thus I reckon you are talking about five months in the UK from information posted up.

BTW do we know whether they close the VW Skoda factory in Kvasiny where the Ateca is being build for a holiday month in August, as they do with the Seat Spanish plant ?. It has some bearing if they do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Usually the last two weeks in July but I think they started the shutdown earlier this year. They are definitely working next week which is Skoda build week 31, 1st August. The production plants have had a staggered shutdown this year over a three week period as they are introducing new production facilities etc.
I'm aware that Skoda car deliveries are currently extended and many are awaiting build week confirmation, but typically they seems to be in the 4/5 month range depending on engines and options.
As all the cars use the same spec parts and they are releasing not only the Ateca but the Skoda Kodiak there will be pressure on scheduling. I understand that UK dealers will get hold of LH drive Kodiak samples that will do the rounds sometime in Oct/Nov., with targeted First Editions for the new year maybe, all TBA of course.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This gives a better picture,

Factory holiday: ŠKODA Modernizing and Expanding Czech Production Sites

13.7.2016 | category: Company

› ŠKODA using the three-week factory holiday in July to service and optimize production facilities
› ŠKODA plants in Mladá Boleslav, Kvasiny and Vrchlabí preparing for upcoming projects
› Numerous projects in place for new ŠKODA KODIAQ roll-out, new press line operation start and other modernization work
› Car- and component-production capacities to be significantly expanded
› 1,000 ŠKODA employees and external service providers involved in maintenance and optimization work

Mladá Boleslav, 13 July 2016 - ŠKODA AUTO is making the most of the production downtime in July to carry out extensive maintenance and modernization of their three Czech production sites. More than eighty production shops covering almost five hundred workstations at the Mladá Boleslav, Kvasiny and Vrchlabí plants will be serviced. The focus will be on getting ready for the ŠKODA KODIAQ start of production in Kvasiny, installing a new press line at the main plant in Mladá Boleslav, and optimizing several processes at the high-tech Vrchlabí plant. The factory holiday started on 4 July and will last until 22 July 2016 depending on the production site.

ŠKODA is using the factory holiday to carry out a number of modernization and refurbishment projects: The forthcoming ŠKODA KODIAQ rollout is the focus of the activities at the Kvasiny plant. In Mladá Boleslav, work continues on the new PXL 2 hydraulic press line, which is set to start operation at the end of 2016. The highly energy-efficient press line will be the first to produce large aluminium stampings. Also, at the brand's home plant, the automatic miniload warehouse (AKL) is being expanded to make the logistics processes even more efficient and flexible in view of the ever-growing variety of products. In addition, optimization activities will concentrate on the robotic automation of the production processes along with the preparations for boosting digital manufacturing in line with Industry 4.0.

At the same time, ŠKODA will be expanding their car and component production capacities thanks to the targeted elimination of existing bottlenecks. At the plants in Mladá Boleslav and Kvasiny the production volume is 3,000 cars per day. In Vrchlabí, where the DQ-200 dual-clutch gearbox is manufactured, the daily production capacity is 2,000 units; while in Mladá Boleslav, up to 3,000 manual transmissions and over 2,000 engines are produced every day. ŠKODA has brought in approximately 1,000 employees and external service suppliers to complete the projects during the factory downtime.

In the Czech Republic, ŠKODA AUTO records an annual production of more than 650,000 cars and employs around 25,500 people. Expanding the model range and raising production capacities have allowed ŠKODA to create numerous job opportunities. In Kvasiny alone, where nearly 280,000 cars are produced every year, 2,000 new positions are going to be created recently.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Interesting Ernie, that 4/5 month delay seems to tally with what is being said. I did have a little look to see what was said about the plant but it was talking about previous years and upgrades. It will be interesting to see what the Kodiak looks like. Thanks for the extended text.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I always have problems with the cloaked cars. I can see that the front is going for the popular lights look, may be you get forced into that with daylight running LEDs, the Audi look. The back difficult to see where the lights are, whether pronounced or what you see. The back end is a bit covered. Think it's a 7 seater so didn't consider it further.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, it's probably the 7 seater version there will be a 5 seater. The Yeti II will much more along the lines of the Ateca. Originally the Yeti II was planned for a 2017 release but now 2018. In addition there is a whisper that there will be a smaller version I guess similar to the rumoured Seat Leon size SUV. Seat are rumoured to be releasing a larger SUV maybe based on the Kodiak.
In truth I think it's reasonable to assume that Seat and Skoda will be sharing a considerable amount of chassis design/component selection, it's all VW after all, with just the body design and internal fitments being characteristic of the brand. Frankly, I no issue with that as I figure that issues and improvements would flow to production quicker for both brands.
I'd be interested if the Yeti II gets the adaptive suspension that the Kodiak will have as an option?

This is the Kodiak on the TdeF.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/07/skoda-kodiaq-crosses-tour-de-france.html

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Tiguan has adaptive suspension except it was dropped from the R Line. I think the big wheels made it pointless. I picked this up with the sales guy since it wasn't listed and no it was dropped from the top of the range option. I think that is what also confuddles the Tiguan v Ateca reviews that the Ateca handles better but doesn't have the adaptive suspension.

Odd that the masked Kodiak turns up in the tour de France. The Ibiza sized SUV. VW must either think that the traditional saloon / people carrier market is dead or flexibility to make assorted models against brand pays off. This rotates around the question of whether SUV will be a niche market for Seat and the "boy racers" continue to buy their low slung saloons or new people come across to Seat. Here on this board they are new people rather than the Leon buyers so far. Effectively the upright carriers have many uses from the family and the baby seats to the market for the less able who need cars for comfortable rides. The marketeers go for the glamour marketing segment whilst some people go for them on practically. I always thought Seat were a bit misguided on selling the Ateca on the back of the Leon since it wouldn't mean much to non Leon owners and I doubt Leon owners would be that interested.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not sure it's marketed as a big Leon tbh. They make very little reference to it in the marketing, it's just every review that mentions it for obvious reasons. It's just an SUV to the average buyer. A particularly stylish one but no less practical because of its Leon styling cues. It's laden with technology which if anything is the thing that will appeal to the under 30 crowd. I don't think Seat would particularly want "the Leon crowd" driving it aggressively around everywhere. It would put off its real core market, young families for the school and shopping run. I think it's looks may entice plenty of Leon owners to give it a test drive though.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It was Meo himself that makes the link, it's probably in the Seat press packs they hand out to the writers who regurgitate it. Yes but your not a standard Seat owner since you haven't had one and you are buying an orange one. My point is nobody on here as yet said I've got a Leon and I'm upgrading or getting one for the kids school run. Leon owners were wanting to take it for a test drive from the garage where I'm getting mine from, five calls a day, six weeks ago, since they wanted something for nothing, they haven't turned those into sails yet. I think the Ibiza SUV will capture the under 30s youth Seat market, Ateca is for those a bit older or more serious :). OK the family set and those going on road tours.

I can see at Xmas if I haven't got it by then I'll have to take a walk around the Glacis car park in Luxembourg where those well healed Luxembourgers (but miserable ;)) park up for their shopping. This is where I get to see cars that haven't made it here yet. My Altea does cruise at over 100mph on the autobahns. You have to watch out for the more sporty German drivers approaching fast from behind. That X on German roads means speed unlimited, not max 70mph. It always runs well after a good clear out on the continent.

·
Registered
334 Posts
True! Would be interesting to see if Leon owners do move up. Guess Seat really want new customers at the end of the day so they can dramatically increase their UK sales. And people want the SUV/Crossovers nowadays!

I think the Ibiza sized SUV would probably be very cool looking, a juke/cx 3 rival as we have previously mentioned. The CX 3 is a lovely looking car. Nicer than the cx 5 imo. Drove well on my test drive as well. Just far to impractical for me now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tell said:
My point is nobody on here as yet said I've got a Leon and I'm upgrading
Sorry to spoil your point, but I've got a Leon 1.4TSi and I'm upgrading :)

I like the idea of the instrument panel of the Ateca being familiar, but am taking the opportunity to get DSG, Sunroof, cameras and other bits that I dont have on the Leon.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same for me - I have a 1.4tsi Leon and am buying an Ateca 1.4tsi DSG

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Your can't beat a DSG. I got fed up with slow moving traffic on the M25 and M1 12 years ago, arm ache through changing, you were never too sure whether the pain was an early sign of a possible heart attack, now you can (RHD that is). Seat will be pleased they have snagged Leon owners :).

With a five month wait for delivery you must have some fun, although I haven't been informed yet on delivery. Peeved that fleet buyers get delivery dates and private Seat ones don't so it seems. Just an email from Seat telling you about their fine product you are buying.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My stock date is down as 'estimated' mind, and by the lease company and not Seat...
And for my current car the 'estimated' date ended up going back almost a month by the time I actually had it.. which caused us untold problems cos I put our car on ebay with a buy-it-now expecting it to take months to sell, and it went the next day, and we had three weeks then with no car!!!

Ours is basically coming from a dealer too, not direct from Seat..
From what I read on their site, I order from the lease company site, they then send my spec to all dealers, and basically just order it from the dealer that gives them the cheapest price/best discount..
My company has over 20k employees, the lease company source over 10k vans, 5k company cars and around 1-2k do the salary sacrifice thing like myself, buying so many vehicles probably gives them some good buying/haggling power with dealers...

Seat should also be pleased on snagging total Seat virgins, like myself..

I have a five month wait for delivery whatever I wanted, as my existing contract ends 24/11 and they deliver the new car and take the old one on that day, no matter when I order or when its in stock for delivery, if its early they just sit it in a car park somewhere til my delivery date..

My order history online so far, is as below (newest at top)...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
29/07/2016 Prop Stock Change Order update, no change to stock date
22/07/2016 Prop Stock Change Order update, no change to stock date
18/07/2016 Ordered, ETA Stock Estimated Stock Date 10-11-2016
18/07/2016 Purch. Order Raised
18/07/2016 Proposed Stock Date 2016-11-10
18/07/2016 Vehicle Located
18/07/2016 Vehicle Search
18/07/2016 Paperwork Received, Order Confirmed
13/07/2016 Unconfirmed Order, paperwork sent
12/07/2016 Online order Placed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So ZERO DEPOSIT, £335pm fully maintained, that's insurance, service, tax, tyres, the lot..

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've just ordered my 1.4 Xcellence today and was told by the sales rep that they were advised any orders before the release on 9th September will be delivered before Christmas. I was given a date of 12th November. My Seat dealer was Arnold Clark in Benton, near Newcastle. They gave me a £1410 discount off list price, then a further £300 for test driving a Leon, then I had an extra £250 voucher from the Seat website making £1960 in total off :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Was that pcp or buying the car outright kindness? I was told the money off if you test drive a Leon or other seat wasn't applicable for the Ateca. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Magpie86 that was for PCP. They said it was £500, which consisted of £300 contribution from Seat and £200 from the dealer. As the dealer was already giving me £1410 off their £200 was included in that amount. I think your dealer may have been talking bull :/

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Kindness was that a PCP type of "purchase" you got or cash. I can see they would get their money back to an extent on finance to subsidise their discount. If it was cash you got twice the discount than I did, I got fed up with discount sites messing me about and wanted to get on with life. I can see with the economic slow down dealers / Seat may be offering more enducements to shift metal than a few weeks ago. I think you are doing PCP based on your other threads so I'll rest easy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts