Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, all excited for nothing. Delivery to my home due today and got a call this morning - the silver coloured mouldings haven't arrived. I sold my current car yesterday on the strength of today's delivery so to say I'm miffed is an understatement !
They've had my money and I have no car on the arranged day :|
It's interesting in T&C's it covers the eventuality of me causing an aborted delivery and the charges for a 2nd delivery and possible storage charge but nothing about How I should be compensated for such a let down.
I can cope without it for a few days but that's not the point and they don't know that.
Anyway time for a deep breath , a cuppa and get the camera primed for another day :( :(
Bill

·
Registered
979 Posts
What about your insurance was that set to start today? See if they will as a good will at least give a good will gesture for that cost, maybe a full tank of fuel or key fob cover or something. Worth a try :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea good call on that :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear that what a pain. I would push for something to ease you pain.
John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea that sucks, you could say you were meant to drive somewhere important today and need to be reimbursed for the expense of a taxi etc? Worth a try haha.

Hope you get it soon

·
Registered
218 Posts
I feel for you as I know what it's like to be let down at the last minute!

Can't they loan you a car until yours is ready?

Hopefully yours has two keys unlike mine!!

G

·
Biscuitwull said:
They've had my money and I have no car on the arranged day :|
Do you have to pay before you get the goods in UK? Sounds weird to me. Here in the north-east corner of Europe, we pay AFTER we get the goods, or at the same time. Not before. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure what the legal position is to be honest but the norm seems to be to complete the transaction before they prepare the car for collection, particularly if some of the funds are coming from a finance company

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had to pay a deposit on placing the order; then a few days before collection I went in and paid the remainder of the cash amount, signed the finance paperwork etc. Then the dealer was waiting for VWFS to transfer the dosh, apparently, before I collected the car. Preparation continued, as I understand it, while waiting for the finance to be processed. The final element was the part-ex, which obviously we drove to the dealership on collection day.
The dealer won't generally let you wander off with a vehicle until they have all the dosh for it including the transfer from the finance co. Can't really blame them...

·
Registered
931 Posts
In all the years I've been buying cars I've never had this situation arise. Have always paid a deposit and paid for car the day I collect it. Not sure I'd be comfortable paying that sort of money without at least seeing the goods. If anything goes tits-up with the deal you're in a far greater position if you owe them money than if they already have your money!

Regarding the above situation, the supplier should be providing you with a courtesy car. If money has changed hands then the contract is in place. If they can't supply/arrange for their own courtesy car to be delivered, then simply tell them you'll hire a car and ask them where to send the bill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After kicking up a fuss, the car is being delivered to me Thursday - still minus the silver coloured trims & Autoglym .
When trims arrive they will fetch my car, leave me with a replacement and finish the job, then re- deliver all shiny and new again.
Plus the price of a couple of tanks of petrol being thrown in for my trouble.
I'll probably wait til 2nd delivery with trims on to post photos in the gallery page
I'm picking up 2 grandsons from Manchester on Friday, one of whom has a history of car sickness :eek: Gulp !
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts