Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoken to my dealer to see if they had any 'non customer order' Atecas coming in, on the off chance there was one coming in soon of a similar spec to mine.

The salesman told me that SEAT are not accepting any orders from dealers other than confirmed ones to try and reduce the lead times for customers waiting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ps5108 my dealer said exactly the same thing. Factory not accepting generic orders for 'walk in forecourt sales' due to customer demand for bespoke orders. Also hoping this brings delivery times down a bit!

·
Registered
778 Posts
ps5108 said:
Just spoken to my dealer to see if they had any 'non customer order' Atecas coming in, on the off chance there was one coming in soon of a similar spec to mine.

The salesman told me that SEAT are not accepting any orders from dealers other than confirmed ones to try and reduce the lead times for customers waiting.
Not surprising at the moment, although I know there are some cars to be had. Seat's retail arm (Lakeside and new one in White City West London) have some fresh stock - https://www.lakesideseat.co.uk/search-seat-cars (1.4TSi DSG in SE Tech trim in reflex Silver / Rodium Grey, 1.4TSI Manual in XCellence trim in Rodium Grey or Black Magic, or the 2.0TDI 190PS DSG in XCellence trim in Black Magic) if you didn't want to wait.

Also, some of the folks in the Suffolk area have cancelled theirs and gone with a dealer stock option so if you want to compromise on spec (i.e. no customisation) and go elsewhere due to time delay then it's possible.

NOTE: These are informational links, am not advertising or associated - only know of these because I was looking at my alternatives given my order has been delayed from BW 18 to BW 19 then BW 31 and latest is BW 32 (having ordered in BW 9)!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
That may explain why my dealer "did me a big favour and amended an existing stock order they had to match my spec in order to speed up delivery" - sounds like it was either do that or lose the slot.

·
Registered
526 Posts
kinda makes sense, but then again are Seat going to harm future sales by not having models in the showroom to lure in more sales. Also need to have cars for potential customers to test drive and they CAN'T use already sold cars to do that. Feels a bit too short sighted a move imo. After all, customers who have put in an order aren't very likely going to cancel for a week or two longer wait, many here have waited 3+ months and then some!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi L4ng3rs2017, I see you ordered yours a week later than I did and you quote a provisional build week of 25 in your signature.
That gives me some hope as I haven't approached either my dealer or SEAT for that sort of info! Who gave you that detail?

Etchings, have you done anything to annoy SEAT for the confusion and delay with your order ???

·
Registered
75 Posts
ps5108 said:
Hi L4ng3rs2017, I see you ordered yours a week later than I did and you quote a provisional build week of 25 in your signature.
That gives me some hope as I haven't approached either my dealer or SEAT for that sort of info! Who gave you that detail?
I was originally (at point of order) given an estimated delivery date of 30/09/17 however my dealer then got in touch a week later to say they had amended an existing stock order for themselves to match my spec which would bring delivery forward by about a month. Not sure that should give you hope that you'll have a provisional build week unfortunately.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
L4ng3rs2017 said:
ps5108 said:
I was originally (at point of order) given an estimated delivery date of 30/09/17 however my dealer then got in touch a week later to say they had amended an existing stock order for themselves to match my spec which would bring delivery forward by about a month. Not sure that should give you hope that you'll have a provisional build week unfortunately.
Lucky You ! ! !

G

·
kee said:
kinda makes sense, but then again are Seat going to harm future sales by not having models in the showroom to lure in more sales.
Since (according to various internet sources and my dealer) the queue in France and Germany is about 12 months, and here in Finland (and probably in other Nordic countries also) about 18 months, I don't think they have to worry about the future just now. :?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You're absolutely right. Under these circumstances the correct business decision is to increase the price by 20%.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Perhaps Seat should review the most popular 5 options and then include these as standard increasing the price accordingly. This should reduce the number of bespoke cars they have to build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've cancelled my order completely and bought a Volvo XC60! A bit gutted as I would have liked an Ateca but the waiting time was getting silly and my old car was beginning to cost me money. We were having doubts anyway and happened to be passing a Volvo garage and saw the car on the forecourt, test drove and bought it. Best of luck to all those waiting. I hope they clear the back log of orders soon :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts