Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the Title says: i had an email from my local dealership this morning, where i have my order placed for the xcellence 4drive, saying that they should have a demonstrator in for the first two weeks in August so i can go down and test drive it. Hope it wont be too busy but i imagine it will be!

Anyone else had similar sort of communications from their dealership?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
No, although I did get two approaching me in the last three weeks. But I didn't return the call on the first since they wouldn't entertain a discount when I first spoke to them and I slammed the phone down on them, the dealer that returns the car to me with the turbo charger pipe blown off. I'm doing my financial modelling on Brexit on car prices and exchange rate and you probably did the right thing. My other dealer who isn't my dealer yet did say they had much interest (five calls a day) but hadn't taken any orders until one order in the last two weeks. Many people wanted to test drive it. They were talking discounts but my mind set was on Tiguans at the time.

I did sit in one and nosed about it at Silverstone (Xcellence European LHD in cloth / ater...), I did drive back to London with the nice smell of new car on my fingers that I'd picked up from this car by spending 30+ minutes with it. It is 4drive that I would go for, in DSG with all the extras. Hence I expect a discount.

·
Registered
334 Posts
When I placed my deposit on an orange first edition they said early August for both test drives and discounts/finance. He was unsure what he would order in as a demonstrator, either the 1.0 petrol or a diesel (I suspect he would order a diesel). He did say it would probably be orange which would be excellent. I could say yes or no to mine based on that one choice! I'm sure it will be an Xcellence spec.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in North Yorkshire and after further comunications its only around for that particular weekend until they get their actual demonstrators in. Hope its not too busy!

They also said all the financials will be available to see so will keep you posted on discounts, i know Seat currently have an extra £500 on top of any deal advertised on their website so keep your eye on that too.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks. I have a figure in my head that I expect which is more than £500, more than Magpie's figure but mine will be a more expensive car. What slightly annoys me from when I bought my Altea all those years ago I got a modest percentage reduction. They went out of business, didn't get the car for five months since the orders was moved and I went to the back of the queue at the dealer that Seat assigned the orders to, so other people got better later deals than I did. I ordered in the launch month.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just posted in the other thread about my pcp deal. The 500 for test driving a car does not include the Ateca though. No deposit contributions or discounts this year (at least on pcp).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I heard that a LHD Ateca will be in my second closest dealer in the next period. Seems to be an effort by Seat to get the models out so they can be seen. Probably related to the stalled pre launch. Seem to be other dealers holding back on this one....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was informed that Bristol street motors had one going to their dealership in Carlisle this afternoon, unfortunately due to work couldn't make it today, also Ingrams in Kilmarnock are getting one on the 29th July for the day, again unavailable to go. would have liked to see one in the flesh before committing one way or the other.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
First if anyone wants to take themselves to CMC Motors in Harlow today you will find a 4drive LHD Xcellance not in leather in white. It's only there for today Thursday 14th July. They are knocking something off but I'm not suppose to say etc etc. It was close to those broker sites so happy enough. I was going there today in any case and found it was today when they had one in. I'll put some pictures up later. I see the board is playing up with SQL errors so you'll probably read this too late.

As I've said before its a bit tight on cubby holes. I now know that the POI input is identical to VWs and Skoda now. The thumb dial input method. You only do this if you have POI coordinates for hiking from car parks say so you have to do a decimal to DMS yourself. Deed has been done. This car had maps of Cyprus the other I sat in didn't as I recall. Struggled to find the full postcode input, think there is a screen trick for that.

OK my reply from yesterday held over...

I called into the Carlisle dealership a few weeks ago and gave them a grilling, My trip to Ireland via Seat dealerships. She was quite firm with me that I didn't nick their rhodium grey painted model car colour checker. I wanted to see some of the Ateca colours on other SEAT cars. I'm coming down in favour of rhodium grey, the end of the road is close now. I quite like Audi s in it, if that's the same colour ?. Problem with light silver it can make a car look a bit bland, sometimes.

The Ateca I saw in rhodium grey I walked past without spotting it first of all although it was against grey carpets, so it probably understates the car. Inside they are very roomy, good headroom, good leg room and no hitting of the legs on the steering wheel with the break pedal. My tall person test. The one I saw was a pre production one since the boot cover wasn't finished off. Bit weird that one but was only suppose to be seen by fleet buyers. Looked like the boot lid got lost and replaced with hardboard. If it's a rhodium grey one I've seen it.

I've got my life back now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@Tell nice! What options did you go with in the end? Glad you settled on a colour, my original choice was rhodium grey but the risk side of my brain overtook the sensible :) Since all the promo shots are in orange it cannot be bad was my logic!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ernie, they will let me know about delivery. I'm sort of working on the basis of next year as our understanding on panoramic roofs. The guy thought sooner but didn't know of the delays on roofs. The issue I had was on the leather seats but I will have to live with them. Then the whole issue of delaying or not purchase to get a better deal but decided probably unlikely as currency shift will feed through into effective prices. Dealers, some, will do deals, others won't. Possibly some may get a better cash deal by delaying but then before long you won't as currency gets built in and then I guess revised RPRs next year across cars..

Just looking at my pictures I took of the white one I saw today and the rhodium grey one at the show. White works better in pictures saying that I keep looking at rhodium grey cars and thinking yeah, that's nice. So we'll see.

I'm sure you will all enjoy the photos and this time I had pealed off the protective lens plastic so they are a bit clearer :). Actually it doesn't really look that bigger of a car this time round.

PS I reckon Seat supplied the floor mat and there was a bag in the boot never got round to looking in. So when it comes your way report what's in that black bag in the boot.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Magpie86 said:
@Tell nice! What options did you go with in the end? Glad you settled on a colour, my original choice was rhodium grey but the risk side of my brain overtook the sensible :) Since all the promo shots are in orange it cannot be bad was my logic!
Everything except the tow bar. The kind of car that can mistake a big lorry pulling out in front of you as skyline and will kill you perhaps. 19" bi colour wheels, panoramic, navigation system plus Seat sound, park assist, top view camera, heated windscreen, electronic tailgate, advanced comfort and driving pack plus, rhodium grey, 4x4 DSG.

Your kids will love orange.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Tell said:
Magpie86 said:
Everything except the tow bar. The kind of car that can mistake a big lorry pulling out in front of you as skyline and will kill you perhaps. 19" bi colour wheels, panoramic, navigation system plus Seat sound, park assist, top view camera, heated windscreen, electronic tailgate, advanced comfort and driving pack plus, rhodium grey, 4x4 DSG.

Your kids will love orange.
Ha one of my kids has orange hair (ginger!) so was very keen for the orange! He is most miffed that I am currently driving a dirty grey/green Mondeo and not orange as promised! He even said it "was a bit rusty!" Cheeky. I set him straight that robots will soon be building the orange one.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Orange is aspirational but not sure how long one can keep that up. It's funny that the paint colours work better in photos than for real. The partner said white was for women that wanted to prove they could pay for someone to clean it. Paraphrase. Think these latest Seat colours are inspired by how they look in pictures rather than for real. It's difficult, I didn't really find the colour that I really wanted but rhodium grey is growing on me. Perhaps in five months time I will be ready and the partners already started working out how many cows were killed for the leather. So yeah, this will be the ongoing conversation when driving in it, was it three, four or five cows. Although they are a veggie they are zoologically trained so have been happy in the past of terminating the life of creatures in the name of science and education.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts