Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I bought a car I got the code of the locking nut on a card. This time I don't know the code.

Did anybody get given the code with the nut. Useful if the nut gets lost. My nut has a blob of paint on it, how relevant this is I don't. I presume Seat UK know all the codes for the cars ?.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've never known a code for any in the past

Just don't lose it

Make sure you have tight nuts Tell !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Last time I bought a car I got the code of the locking nut on a card. This time I don't know the code.

Did anybody get given the code with the nut. Useful if the nut gets lost. My nut has a blob of paint on it, how relevant this is I don't. I presume Seat UK know all the codes for the cars ?.
Tell - I've just checked my locking nut (no :lol: from you, please Saggy !) and if you look closely - and I mean really closely you might see a stamping below the paint marking. Mine is yellow and looks like a single digit figure stamped in the socket end. This could be nothing at all, or it may be the code. I know from experience of many many Vauxhall ones in years gone by that the ONLY reason you get a code card was because cars shipped without locking bolts, and these were supplied in sets by the dealers - maybe the difference here is if SEAT ship cars with locking bolts then the factory know the right code from the VIN? Just a thought or two to help ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:lol: :lol:

You can tell I've worked in factory and male dominated environments all my life

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
:lol: :lol:

You can tell I've worked in factory and male dominated environments all my life
That's no excuse for your behaviour :p :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mcderms. Yes mine is yellow as well. I didn't see anything on but I didn't have my reading glasses. I'll check again.

Seat did supply the Altea with a card with the code on it. Perhaps their new way of working. I'll as the dealer if I draw a blank. Never lost the nut yet but fitters could get absent minded.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Thanks Mcderms. Yes mine is yellow as well. I didn't see anything on but I didn't have my reading glasses. I'll check again.

Seat did supply the Altea with a card with the code on it. Perhaps their new way of working. I'll as the dealer if I draw a blank. Never lost the nut yet but fitters could get absent minded.
With you on that one, Tell ! I might be tempted to get a spare set of 4 bolts & swap the locking one out before the car goes for service and/or new tyres, just in case they'd lose the locking key. I'm sure the wheels would be safe enough whilst with a dealer / tyre fitter until collecting ! That's gonna make me seem even more pessimistic than you where Saggy's concerned! :lol:

I even have a sign to hang on the rear view mirror to remind the dealer not to wash my cars - hate them brush washing :eek: after I've spent time detailing them :lol: #paranoid

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
On a serious note I use road side washers .... she is arriving with life shine (yes I could have had it applied elsewhere blah blah) which will hopefully give her some protection against the copious tfr that will be sprayed over her!

I tend to be a once a month get her cleaned .... can't do it myself as can't reach the roof ..... but I am intending her having a proper job done yearly to keep her nice

Where I work is dust in yard all summer and muddy roads from beet harvesting in the autumn

Near on impossible to keep a car clean

That probably gives :eek: you heart failure mcderms

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
On a serious note I use road side washers .... she is arriving with life shine (yes I could have had it applied elsewhere blah blah) which will hopefully give her some protection against the copious tfr that will be sprayed over her!

I tend to be a once a month get her cleaned .... can't do it myself as can't reach the roof ..... but I am intending her having a proper job done yearly to keep her nice

Where I work is dust in yard all summer and muddy roads from beet harvesting in the autumn

Near on impossible to keep a car clean

That probably gives :eek: you heart failure mcderms
Currently being resuscitated :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Oops

Hope the charging paddles aren't made by Seat or they might not work :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
Oops

Hope the charging paddles aren't made by Seat or they might not work :lol:
:lol: #libelous Hope SEAT don't monitor this site '

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It's ok - it does say the site is not associated with SEAT :cool:

Tell might be annoyed though at the hijack

So back on topic ....... imagine if the resuscitation paddle box had a locking nut and the paramedic had mislaid it :shock:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
It's ok - it does say the site is not associated with SEAT :cool:

Tell might be annoyed though at the hijack

So back on topic ....... imagine if the resuscitation paddle box had a locking nut and the paramedic had mislaid it :shock:
And you call Tell pessimistic :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pessimistic that a tyres place will forget to put the nut back after work.

The old Seat way of doing things was to give you a card with the code and it said on it do not keep this card in the car. Odd that the nut was in the car as well. Unless the logic was if the car was vandalised you lost the nut but had the card ?.

I suspect it is held against the VIN but probably wasn't in the past. Any recent Leon owners out there ?.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yes, pessimistic about the tyre place

The staff change hundreds of tyres
Most vehicle have locking nuts
They have work procedures in place

They are less likely to lose it than the owner I'd have thought

Now where have I out my yeti one - I best find it before trade in ;)

Oh and put the shelf back in

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All the cars I've had with locking nuts gave me a card with the code on. OK a Seat before that, one, and Seat told you the code, now they don't unless it's buried in the book he gave me which I've never opened again since its easier to read the PDF. I will go out with prescription reading glasses and a magnifying glass and see whether I can read the code on it which Mcderms said was on it.

Nobody has admitted they got a card with theirs saying this is your locking nut code. Freddie would know what Seat do on Leons these days.

No I wouldn't totally trust quick fit type tyre place staff to forget to put it back in. They normally ask me where it is, I say in the wheel, but then I carried the kitchen sink with me previously it was difficult for me to check after unless I took everything back out of the under store area of the boot which was extensive, isn't like that now since I can hardly get anything in. As for my previous Seat garage down here they were a shambles, I wouldnt trust them with anything, lying cheats although they do have the motto "nice people to do business with".

Your nut should obviously be in the car unless you have list it....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Close examination of it, under the paint blob, appears that it has two symbols stamped on it, one like a playing card. Is this a weird coding system for the nuts. Think I will photograph it for my own use just in case it does get lost, but would be nice to know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.