Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.

Having configured the Seat Ateca I wanted last week and printed the data sheet ready to go to the local Dealer, I thought I would check some details.
I was surprised the that the model my wife and I decided we'd like was no longer listed on the 'Configurator'; We had wanted the Excellence 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG-Auto. Anyway, not to be swayed; off we went the Dealer in Gloucester and discussed what we had configured and the the car has 'vanished' from the Seat web site. He was totally unaware of this. I have since checked with another dealer in Bristol and they to didn't know that the car was no longer listed.

The configuration we'd decided on is; 2.0 TDI 150 PS DSG-Auto, Rodium Grey metallic paint, Panoramic Sunroof, Navigation System Plus, XCELLENCE Pack and Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus.

Does anyone know why that particular model has been removed from the 'Configurator'?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Think it's a delay in engine production for the 150DSG??
Have a read thru the 'poll on build dates' thread, There's something in there somewhere about this around page 5/6 ish???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ghiggz,

Thanks your your reply.

I hadn't spotted that message.

I wonder what a 'significant additional delay' means?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Your spec is like mine but I went for the 4x4 DSG which is the 190 engine. Basically that engine is twigged to give more power but driven like the 150 consumption is similar except when you ask for more. In 4x4 it's a heavier vehicle so higher consumption. The 4x4 TDI DSG kicks in at £29,999 against whatever your base price was for the 150 DSG. The 4x4 is said to drive better due to the different suspension at the back. Obviously you got 4x4 abilities in snow if you are not going off road atleast. It's suppose to be fun to drive in normal use as you feel the power move around from front to back.

The TDI150 was pulled from the configurators in Spain and the UK last week. Germany when I looked seemed to still have it available. I wouldn't be surprised whether they looked at profit margins by sector and the need to keep the VW home happy that some chosen countries have it and others have taken a rationing cut. Seat are keeping quite about the reasons for pulling from sale but it will be supply and that you can assume won't be fixed anytime soon.

My recommendation is raid the piggy bank and go for DSG 4x4. You won't be able to test drive a DSG in Ateca form since as I understand from my dealer none of the test cars are DSG. Priority is now being given to get the DSGs to buyers is what Seat UK said, put another way if they can't now take orders for the 2 wheel drive DSG there is no point in providing tests or putting them in showrooms. You don't have to really test a DSG TDI they are perfectly married up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell,

I'd already spec'ed up the 4x4 as an alternative. It's probably what we'll go for if the 2WD option isn't resolved soon. The Dealer in Gloucester said they were unlikely to get the DSG version to drive.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yep that's correct. That's what my Essex one said.

I've been driving an Altea TDI140 Sport DSG for nearly twelve years and it's wonderful to drive so I'm expecting the same from my 190 Ateca apart from it will have more power and 4x4 safety. The thing I would say that if you plan to use the understorey lower boot space that gets cut back in 4x4. Half goes to the axle in depth. Have a skinny and you might get a few bits and bobs down there around the wheel but it's pretty limited. If you are use to a two level boot then you take a cut on that. I have the kitchen sink in mine so I've got to prune back. There is plastic form that you might be able to take out, which is what the VW Tiguan guy said to me.

I'm also having the Seat Sound System with the subwoofer that goes in the spare, Navigation Plus. The advantage of that one isn't well documented by Seat, but basically it runs faster, will store POIs. Seat have reduced the gap in their standard 8" screen offering to the Navigation Plus which is the standard VW luxury unit, Navigation Pro. It is a luxury.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is Full Link standard on this model?
The configurator lets you add it on, but the spec say's its included.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tell said:
You won't be able to test drive a DSG in Ateca form since as I understand from my dealer none of the test cars are DSG. Priority is now being given to get the DSGs to buyers is what Seat UK said, put another way if they can't now take orders for the 2 wheel drive DSG there is no point in providing tests or putting them in showrooms. You don't have to really test a DSG TDI they are perfectly married up.
Was in Seat Basingstoke at the weekend who have a DSG available for test drive.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Does it charge you ?. I think it is with the Navigation Plus. The material gets flaky at times.

You get the Android, iPhone stuff on the other unit, the Seat something or other. That's standard, Navigation Plus takes you to to the next level. This is where Seat have blurred the line by putting more into their standard Navigation offer. It amounts to if you don't want total SSD speed in Navigation, more dynamic route avoidance, don't want traffic camera upload ability (think Im true on that), being able to connect the car as a upnp media player, Grace Notes, play DVDS, avi etc then the standard fit is fine. Since I'm into navigation I went all the way but is pricey. You should be able to see in the dealers the standard Xcellence unit, but you won't find the Plus unit or will be unlikely. A visit to VW and you can see the Pro which is the Plus.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
gareth78 said:
Tell said:
You won't be able to test drive a DSG in Ateca form since as I understand from my dealer none of the test cars are DSG. Priority is now being given to get the DSGs to buyers is what Seat UK said, put another way if they can't now take orders for the 2 wheel drive DSG there is no point in providing tests or putting them in showrooms. You don't have to really test a DSG TDI they are perfectly married up.
Was in Seat Basingstoke at the weekend who have a DSG available for test drive.
My dealer might have told porky pies. The thrust is that there will be no more DSG demo cars, they are going to buyers. That's what he said, so must be a few about. My two local dealers don't have one. Mind if it's a 150 2 wheel drive DSG you won't be able to order one. If so one can guess that the left and right hands aren't working together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts