Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this isn't a fault but would appreciate any thoughts - it's a two-part question.

- Does anyone know what part of the manual covers the heated front screen? I can't seem to find it and presumably it would explain the below.

- Does the heated front screen activate automatically / in response to certain conditions?

On the second part, on driving through bad weather on Friday I noticed that even though I hadn't switched it on the heated front screen was listed on the "Consumer data" page of the Car menu, alongside the listing for the Air Con (the screen showing the fuel consumption of things that are switched on).

It wasn't shown all the time, sometimes being there and sometimes not, with the only constant being that I wasn't using it at any point. Any ideas or similar experiences?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don't have it myself, but there was another thread discussing this - think it comes on automatically when temperature hits 3.5C or below.

There's also a button on the air con controls (left of centre dial) - if I recall if non heated windscreen it's used to switch air con on/off, but with heated windscreen it gets replaced with a switch the windscreen heater on/off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - appreciate the reply. It wasn't that cold with an air temp in double digits but it was very wet.

The button you mention does the same thing on mine (A/C off). The electric window gets turned on via the Air Con set up screen - there's a little icon on the left side of touch screen to toggle it. As you might imagine I'm a but confused and most of the stuff in the manual doesn't tie up with any of the stuff on the screen - like a firmware update changed all the labels or something. Thanks again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe it's automatic as long as it's switched on. The master control is found by pressing Settings on the climate control and is then on the touch screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to round this off - the post from Neil's was on the money.

Press the Setup button on the centre console, then press Settings on the touch screen to get an option to toggle "automatic heated front screen" on/off.

Thanks for the tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts