Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Seat Configurator states that the double boot floor isn't compatible with 4WD or space saver options.

I understand with 4WD as it's clearly explained on the website & in reviews that this decreases boot volume.

Nothing similar is stated with the space saver though so does anyone know why the double floor isn't compatible with it?

I would have thought the basic floor is the same height as the lowest setting of the double floor & the benefit of the double floor is that it can be set higher to align with the boot lip?

·
Registered
579 Posts
As I understand it, with a space saver (as I have ordered), the floor level is already at a slightly raised level than it would be if you just had a repair kit. Maybe the gap between this slightly raised level and the boot lip is subsequently too small to justify the double floor. Just a thought.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Essentially there is not much space under the double floor, and if the floor is in its lowest position there would not be enough space below it in a 4WD car to take the space saver spare. The combination of lower boot floor and chunky 4WD mechanicals takes up the required room.

Just to be clear, you can have a 4WD plus the double boot floor, but you just can't have a space saver spare wheel in the same vehicle.

I'm pretty sure that it would be possible to fit a spare under the double floor if fitted permanently in its uppermost position, but that kind of defeats the object of having an adjustable boot floor - which is probably why SEAT won't let you configure the car that way. I specifically wanted the double floor to provide a flat loadspace entry, so I haven't yet shifted the floor to the lower level and probably never will; might have to invest in a spare wheel as an accessory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts