Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a fool in not ordering the option of the double boot floor and now it's too late. I read about it and saw a video which looks like it's really useful. Is their a way to retro fit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it just sits on existing mouldings in the boot sides, so if that is the case you might be able to get it as a spare part. I did spec it, £120, as I have one in my existing car and hide all my useful bits under it from the "Boss".

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure you should be able to just buy the double boot floor and replace your normal one, your dealer should know. It is pretty good and much thicker and better than the flimsy standard one. I'm not sure why they call it double boot floor however as mine does not have a second floor :? Maybe you just don't get one when you have a spare wheel as no room :roll:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think your top floor (2WD) is inline with the exit. Ie. flat loading, whilst the 4wd are 3" lower, my theory is we are suppose to be off roading so stuff would hit the tailgate so the drop is suppose to protect that. Your second floor is the base... :).

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've only got the standard floor but had a double floor on a Polo. While it might be possible to retrofit it, the mouldings it sits on are not fitted, so they'd need to be ordered as well. I imagine the holes for them to screw into are in the car, but you might have to cut into the lining to get to them.
The double floor makes sense to me on the Ateca, a lot more so than the Polo where it took too much space out of an already small boot. Three days after getting the Polo the double floor shelf was moved to the lower position and it stayed there until the day I got rid of the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As above you would also need to get hold of the supports at the back that look like this:

Automotive design Bumper Grey Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had the double boot in my old altea brillant for getting things out of site not so good when carrying a wheelchair so opted for full boot on this one

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I use to keep the kitchen sink down there in my old Altea but had to throw it out with the 4WD.

·
Registered
245 Posts
NeoVector said:
As above you would also need to get hold of the supports at the back that look like this:

View attachment 721
OK, that's more different than I was expecting to see as it covers the lashing point and puts another one higher up. Makes me think the boot lining might need to be changed as well. I'll see if I can get a similar photo of my boot later for comparison.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I specifically wanted a flat load entry, which isn't possible on the standard boot because it drops down and has a lip. The double boot floor can be fitted in two positions, the uppermost one is level with the loadspace entry like on the old Altea XL. Carrying heavy objects around in the boot, the last thing I need is a lip where I can catch my fingers when manoeuvring, say, a 20Kg box of stuff like dog food, or a 30l sack of cat litter in or out - I had a loan Ibiza with a lip for a couple of days and bashed my fingers several times in just one visit to Pets @ Home!

The dealer actually got a car in specifically with the standard boot/spare wheel (as standard spec has no spare) so I could see the difference; the floor panel on the double floor is massively stronger and stiffer than the standard one, at least on the cars I saw - probably because it's intended to be adjusted at will between the two levels, and basically sits supported just on its outer edges.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just accepted delivery of my car, everything present and correct in line with what people on here have said about checking, but I am hoping someone on here can clarify something for me on the boot. Car is through a leasing company so not collected from dealer has been delivered on a truck.

I am coming from a Qashqai which has a double boot floor in the sense of a thin piece of boot floor covering the tyre repair kit, etc and a two piece section of boot floor that sits a couple of inches above.

Looking through this post i can see that the boot floor can be put in two positions to vary the height, but i was wonder if i should also have been expecting to have something covering the spare wheel underneath the adjustable sections?

·
Registered
979 Posts
norby1980 said:
Just accepted delivery of my car, everything present and correct in line with what people on here have said about checking, but I am hoping someone on here can clarify something for me on the boot. Car is through a leasing company so not collected from dealer has been delivered on a truck.

I am coming from a Qashqai which has a double boot floor in the sense of a thin piece of boot floor covering the tyre repair kit, etc and a two piece section of boot floor that sits a couple of inches above.

Looking through this post i can see that the boot floor can be put in two positions to vary the height, but i was wonder if i should also have been expecting to have something covering the spare wheel underneath the adjustable sections?
Nope mine only has the one. when they say double boot floor I think it just means it can be put in two positions. You wouldnt really want another layer of floor covering and dampening your SEAT sound sub woofer :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Kindness

First time receiving a new car so so just wanted to check. Didn't think about the impact that might have in the sound option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.