Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have an Ateca tech edition and wondered is there any way to push the driving data (journeys, distance between refuelling etc) from the car to a phone or SD card?

The only person who uses the car is me, and the reason for asking is I get a car allowance and I have to keep a log of business journeys. Rather than faff about with pen and paper, logging each journey that way, it'd be easier if I can automate it or at least spool out a spreadsheet from time to time.

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's the SeatvDrive App. You may find it on the Apple store, it wasn't once. There is the Android MirrorLink version. The idea is so you can play with the data.

I don't think anybody is using it here. Got a thumbs down in some quarters.

Bottom page is the head of design talking about it

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=805

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find an app of that name, but I have tried two different apps on my Galaxy S7:

1. The DriveMii app does not work for me at all. It says it cannot connect to the car over Bluetooth even though the device is already paired and I can already use the hands-free with or without the phone plugged into a USB cable. So I've given up on it.

2. DriveApp 2.4.7, which works fine over the pre-existing MirrorLink, when plugged into a USB cable. When unplugged, I can see

TRACKS >>> TRACKS | HISTORY
PERSONAL AREA >>> ABOUT ME | READ TO ME | DESKTOP
VEHICLE >>> LAST STATUS | WHERE IS MY CAR?

I found DriveApp quite intuitive but the functionality is a bit limited. Surely there are far more interesting use cases for offline data displays inside the Android/Apple apps than simply having the ability to remind me where I parked the car, useful as it is!

According to the documentation, there should be a ROUTE TRACKER option somewhere but I can't find it anywhere so at the moment I can't tell what this does and doesn't do.

I briefly saw some options showing really useful stuff about tyre and water pressure etc but only while the phone was plugged into the car and the ignition was switched on. Since I unplugged the phone it's vanished. Now that's the sort of information which you'd think would be just as useful (if not infinitely MORE useful) if you could read it before setting off on a journey, or after.

I've sent a query by email to the team responsible for looking after the app.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It is the DriveApp. I can't use it since my Android 8" tablet doesn't support Mirror Link (Samsung Tabat S2).

You might want to invest in the ODBELEVEN for more fun. You can see engineering data on the car and do the VCDS stuff for a fraction of the price of that. Read error codes, reset error codes etc. Change things so a few people on the board can get hot bothered. See the thread under technical. It has been useful to see how the car was delivered with the heated wing mirror wire left open, it reported that. The garages fixing left a couple of other reports that they didn't clear down like blind spot disconnected. It gave one Kessey error which I'm not sure where that came from, a one off, not recurring. So I've deleted all the errors fixed leaving just the Kessy error in case anymore turn up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did look at ODBELEVEN and maybe one day I'll get round to adjusting the settings for automatic mirror folding, and emergency lights... but it's not a high priority because folding the mirrors takes all of a second to do manually. By comparison, trip logging can be is a time-sucking chore which can sometimes get very complicated especially if lots of trips are charged back to different cost centres.

I have seen apps like Triplog: https://triplogmileage.com/android-mileage-tracking-app.html which probably have all the bells and whistles, and the Skoda site mentions something called MFA Pro as "This app will transform your smartphone into an advanced trip computer". But all I want, really, is a CSV on my phone which has

Start date/time, duration, distance covered, finish date/time

A bonus would be the start and finish coordinates / postcode but that's not necessary as I should be able to figure out what the journey was for, based on the timing. That's why it would seem to me to be an easy integration into the DriveApp; if you want basic trip logging then use DriveApp, if you want something far more feature-rich then other apps are available and YMMV (pardon the pun).

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I don't think that Seat apps are as advanced as the others in the marquee. I did run my own business for 18 years and did all my own accounts and worked 18 years before in the public sector accounting for the chargeable stuff. A paper diary comes in handy :). People don't use them these days but you just jot down the chargeable stuff and summarise onto the expense sheet.

Running a business, self employed apportion out all those expenses that are business ones. Ltd I couldn't charge as many out as I did previously but you have those dividends. I did use an accountancy website service that did all the donkey work, Crunch, which was more cost effective than an accountant. Self employed you can do your own books. Ltd too complicated to do it yourself with Company House returns, dividend payouts plus the normal Vat etc but the software saved the day. Oh yes and you are employing yourself as well and running a payroll, the Crunch software did all of that. So yes... I do know about accounting for expenses ;). All behind me now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some of the apps are being retired, if the message on my phone is to be believed. I'm now running ConnectApp instead of DriveApp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts