Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as follows:

Open the glove box fully.

On the right hand side of the box is the limiting arm.
Now taking the bottom part of the (rounded) between thum and forefinger pull toward yourself gently.
This should disengage it from its clip. (See picture)
Taking a flat bladed screw driver gently free the box from its stoppers ( see picture)
Hey presto theres your fusebox.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Glad you did after we published the three manuals covering the Ateca (Kindness page from his November revised manual of the Ateca, absent in revision 1), Kodiaq and New Tiguan. All open the same way. I see the hook is I anticipated hiding behind the cup of the arm so you can't see the movement point. I need some strength. They probably glued mine inline with the funny build.

See rest of the thread. On posting time Metalsman may have pipped you yesterday but the more the merrier

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=620&start=50

Reposting Metalsman text to read since the more descriptions the better of how to do it:

Ok, I have disconnected the glove box and can access the fuse box. Photos are shown below.

As already stated by Tell, grip the damper leg with your fingers at its base and slide it forward. This will release the pin, then move it to the right. You then need to release the stops at the left and right hand sides. This is the most difficult part - you will need plastic release tools (you can see the ones I used in some of the photos below. You need to release one side at a time by forcing each stop to the side. It is plain to see what you need to do when you get to that stage. Once released the glove box drops down to reveal the fuse box in all its glory. The last picture shows a clearer view of the damper and how it is connected to the glove box. Refitting, as they say, is a reversal of the removal procedure :D :D

May I say this is a complete faf if you want to change a fuse! :? Also, if you want to change one of the top row of fuses you cannot release them fully from the holder. You would have to release the complete fuse box for that - not something I am going to try unless I need to change a fuse. You would probably have to remove the complete glovebox.

Also it looks like the pollen filter is here also. If you look at the right hand side of pictures 2 and 3 you will see what appears to be the release clips for (I presume but may be wrong) the pollen filter.
See other pictures on that thread.... the Ateca has just released another secret :).

So the movement to accomplish shifting the dampner arm from your picture is inline with the dropped door running parallel, I'd presupposed it was inline with the dampner taking the weight and pressure that the arm places to hold it in the slot. We got there :).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Missed the other tread this is after speaking to a lad who works at SEAT that i managed to get the method. Been absent from the forum for a while so will catch up.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
We had a breakthrough on the other thread by finding the manuals but I hadn't got the strength, I think I was tugging at the wrong angle from your picture to find the point of movement that it exits out off. Then Metalsman did it yesterday, I was encouraged, thought I saw movement but thought I'd imagined it. I'm going to drag it parallel to the glove box lid which from your second picture seems to be the way to take it. Reckon that may be 30' from the way I was tugging it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Does anyone who has managed to get to the fuse box know if there is a earthing (ground) bolt to earth the hardwired dash cams? I noticed on the left hand drive it is to the right but I have not seen it read if anyone has found or used it. Thanks
2021 Ateca SE Technology

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, there are a couple to the left, outside the frame for the fusebox/glovebox. I think they are Torx, from memory. I just bared the earth wire, loosened the bolt and wound it round, although there are neater solutions. Getting the wire through the fusebox/glovebox frame was a bit tricky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.