Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere....

My car has a problem when the drive mode selector is in Sport mode.

The car reverts back to Normal mode - the display says Dn and the car is in Normal mode, but the drive selector is in the Sport position.

1) After having moved the gear selector to the left to select manual mode and then moving back to the right to select auto mode.

2) When first turning on the ignition.

3) I think there was one more opoeration that caused this, but canot remember.

Anybody else experiencing this?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Probably why they all need to be on an annual service plan so they get their software updates. The Altea that I had did once get a DSG update and it had about five general updates in total.

I haven't knowingly selected sport but I did get it stuck in manual by accidentally hitting a paddle. Couldn't get it out so pulled over, stopped and got control of it again.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
If you use the paddles in Auto mode, they over ride the settings and you go into manual mode. If you don't use the paddles again, it reverts to Auto mode after a short period.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Evidently I didn't wait long enough. It went "these are the paddles"... whoops as my finger caught one. In 12 years with a DSG I never used manual apart from selecting low gear for an annual hill descent - that's Thursday.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The beauty of the setup with the paddles is that you can drive in manual or auto without having to touch the gear lever.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you hold the + paddle for more than a few seconds it will switch back to auto.....
Used it all the time when running in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell said:
Probably why they all need to be on an annual service plan so they get their software updates. The Altea that I had did once get a DSG update and it had about five general updates in total.

I haven't knowingly selected sport but I did get it stuck in manual by accidentally hitting a paddle. Couldn't get it out so pulled over, stopped and got control of it again.
Yep..
Am guessing a software update should sort it - if they know......

Perhaps I should call them...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Yes I think you should report it so we can get a fix. I'll see if I can get it to do it tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.