Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused (probably due to age) but on reading and re-reading my Ateca brochure its appears that Dynamic Route Guidance (albeit with "3d emblematic buildings") is only available at extra cost with the Nav System Plus, and not standard on the Xcellence.

However I seem to have it - it tells me there is a hold up ahead, informs me its going to re-route me to avoid it, and then does so. Helped me avoid a road closure on my Derbyshire holiday, and an M25 hold up last weekend (though the detour via Kew Bridge and Hanger Lane seemed pretty awful too... at least I was able to stop off at IKEA for lunch). Can anyone confirm that this is normal?

I don't have any of the other SatNav plus stuff (what ARE 3d emblematic buildings like - any pix?), its just a bog-standard Xcellence with a spare wheel, no SEAT sound or owt.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got the standard satnav and last week it rerouted me due to a four mile tailback. Oddly it rerouted me the way i was expecting to go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So maybe just Hertfordshire owners who got their cars in January?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have the basic Nav system but it hasn't yet needed to use that feature. Looking in the manual, which covers both systems, Dynamic Route Guidance is not shown as being specific to the Nav Plus so you can assume that it is on both systems.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fred99 said:
I have the basic Nav system but it hasn't yet needed to use that feature. Looking in the manual, which covers both systems, Dynamic Route Guidance is not shown as being specific to the Nav Plus so you can assume that it is on both systems.
Thanks. Reassuring. I found the manual unclear (asterisks covering the "Only available for the model: Navi System Plus" sections were befuddling me) hence rereading the brochure. The dynamic route guidance was a feature I wanted but I wasnt able to justify the extra cost and features of the Plus system, so I'm now glad I didn't. But it makes you wonder why SEAT didnt just mention that DRGuidance was standard (trying to catch us out/ spend more maybe?) for a feature that I'm sure many buyers would want. Unless of course most folk assume a satnav will have it these days anyway, but my old TomTom didn't...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anteca said:
... at least I was able to stop off at IKEA for lunch). Can anyone confirm that this is normal?

I don't have any of the other SatNav plus stuff (what ARE 3d emblematic buildings like - any pix?), its just a bog-standard Xcellence with a spare wheel, no SEAT sound or owt.
Not sure Anteca. Anything to do with the Swedish meatballs ? Next time I am in Ikea I will check the carpark to see if it is full of Atecas. Surprised you did not stock up with goodies to take advantage of the commodious boot and the ski-hatch facility in the rear seat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick Bucks said:
Anteca said:
... at least I was able to stop off at IKEA for lunch). Can anyone confirm that this is normal?

Not sure Anteca. Anything to do with the Swedish meatballs ? Next time I am in Ikea I will check the carpark to see if it is full of Atecas. Surprised you did not stock up with goodies to take advantage of the commodious boot and the ski-hatch facility in the rear seat.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Got standard Sat Nav & it definitely warns of traffic problems ahead on route; never quite paid enough attention to know whether it reroutes dynamically !
Might go fnd a traffic jam....oh, wait, it's Easter - there will be plenty to choose from ! :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mcderms said:
Got standard Sat Nav & it definitely warns of traffic problems ahead on route; never quite paid enough attention to know whether it reroutes dynamically !
Might go fnd a traffic jam....oh, wait, it's Easter - there will be plenty to choose from ! :lol:
:lol: Try a trip to IKEA.... Certainly mine doesnt just re-route on the quiet, it did speak up and let me know it was doing it. Pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Can confirm that with Standard nav here too on the Xcellence model, dynamic re-route works even though the dealer told me it didn't have it !!! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The
3d emblematic buildings
is the map elevation that the Navigation Plus puts on the map around features in towns. The idea being that you can gauge where you are by looking at the map and the feature. I've seen it working on mine once when driving throu Lille as building features appeared.

I gave some examples of what it looked like on this thread

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=640

The dynamic route guidance is using the digital traffic data TMC. I don't bother with live traffic reports interrupting the music with this car, yes dependent on TMC to sort you out.

There is the debate of Android Auto v TMC. Some people claim that the TMC data isn't upto date. The proof is in the pudding.

Only had one instance of adverse routing in Belgium where the service station slip road had some road works on it. It routed me down an industrial estate at the junction before taking me 100 metres from the back of the service station where is guess I was suppose to leg it over the field. This was the TMC data blocking the exit although getting back on the road again it wasn't totally blocked and I did get to use the toilet :).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Standard Satnav here too and it used the Dynamic guidance to get me from Nuneaton to Manchester and back on the so called Nightmare Good Friday on the roads in good time and no hold ups with a bit of rerouting here and there so it's a thumbs up from me :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I can manage to live without the 3d buildings, but glad the DRG is included, yet another feel-good factor... Thanks for all the feedback.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts