Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any instructions on the Eco Trainer? I keep seeing a symbol pop up on it I wondered what it meant. It looks something like this

Font Circle Symbol Logo Graphics

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's what Mcderm said toggle off. It was off, I put it on, on the menu, Mcderm said it was useless so I toggled back off again. Think it would appear on the list where I see litres to fill up :). Sure the main car settings doesn't give you further info, think eco hangs off a top left screen press. On the screen with fuel consumption. But you can get rid off it off the dash in the car settings.

The conversation is in this thread

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=433&hilit=Eco

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
To toggle if off on the dash it on the multifunction display of the instrument cluster settings of the car menu.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I see it now and again when driving over 50 I think on the infotainment screen. Not the one on the small screen next to speedo. Comes up in the red eclipse area on the photo below. :)

Vehicle audio Car Radio Personal luxury car Center console

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Tell I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I see it now and again when driving over 50 I think on the infotainment screen. Not the one on the small screen next to speedo. Comes up in the red eclipse area on the photo below. :)

Ateca-Eco-trainer.jpg
Hi Kindness... I think this is referenced in the review you posted at the weekend (I watched it through - the way he pronounces Atic-A doesn't grate any less!). It was towards the end. He portrayed it as a training system for the driver - to get your driving more economical/fuel efficient. You get points, or something, when you're driving in an economical style.

Have I missed the point of the post?? :? :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm talking about both Kindness. The dash one is enabled and disabled via the instrument cluster settings. Having problems posting j pegs at the minute, however there is a picture second from bottom on page 7, eco tips checked to off. That's a built in menu. That's what you want to get rid of it.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516&start=60

That's why I posted again since I saw the picture on the thread but was defeated due to reasons unknown to post it again.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell said:
I'm talking about both Kindness. The dash one is enabled and disabled via the instrument cluster settings. Having problems posting j pegs at the minute, however there is a picture second from bottom on page 7, eco tips checked to off. That's a built in menu. That's what you want to get rid of it.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516&start=60

That's why I posted again since I saw the picture on the thread but was defeated due to reasons unknown to post it again.
mmm ok Tell just don't seem to see any tips come up just that symbol when driving. The only tips iv'e seen are when you bring them up on the menu and just scroll through them :?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I've turned it off so I'm not bothered by it so it's not check marked. I think it will throw random tips at you, that's what mcderm said, I didn't want that so took it out of the dash board menu so it doesn't bother me. I never drove the car with it on, I turned it back off again.

I could turn it back on when I drive home tonight and see whether it's passive. I normally have the satnav on the front screen so I assumed it would be like the front assist, bother you with messages. Decided to pass on that one. Not driving for economy.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorted. I must have turned it off as well :roll: With it on another menu called Warning appears on the instrument panel display. This gives tips on here and lets you set a speed warning level. Will probably turn it off again now, just wanted to know what it did :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm glad you got it sorted, I'll turn mine back off for the journey home. Can't be having economy warnings or the engine stopping either ;).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts