Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys :(
My electric boot is acting weird. I couldnt find anything on google about this so I thought id ask you guys if youve experienced anything similar.

So.. yesterday I opened the boot as usual but when I clicked the button to close it, it went half way and stopped and made a weird beeping sound. I had to force it down to close it. The actual lock is ok. When i try to open the boot it unlocks and opens 1cm but then just keep beeping. Please see the videos below.

It doesnt matter if i try to open it with the key, pedal, button, dashboard.

Any ideas of what might cause this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nPwsIakzi5gDf5optgchqqrt3i3j-GSq

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17_AW1WtJjUWjUZuJSzoKRlxy_S9-8dSw

Best regards,
Kim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Just taking a bit of a guess here(awaiting delivery of my Ateca).
But I watched a review which mentioned the automatic boot where you could preset the opening height (in case you garage roof was low). This was done by holding in the boot button for a set time. Is it possible this may have malfunctioned or been pressed/stuck accidentally. You could try resetting it. I only mention it because I had previously been unaware of the height setting feature.

I also saw that you could set the force required to stop it closing presumably to avoid accidental decapitation of little ones. Again might be something to do with it.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Bellington for your suggestion. I was pretty sure that would be the case.. but Ive tried to reset it by pressing and holding the button for 3 seconds as mentioned in the manual but nothing happened. No confirmation beep as they say it should do once its reset.

I guess ill have to take it to the mechanics :cry:

·
Registered
32 Posts
My car has been with a Seat dealer since June trying to fix a problem with the tailgate not opening/closing properly. It's been referred all the way back to the central technical team in Milton Keynes and to date no one can work out why it wont work properly or how to fix it!!!

It's had new motors fitted, new control modules, full reset/recode and still wont function properly!

·
Registered
83 Posts
So many of the so called 'convenience' or 'forgiveness' features seem to go kaput
or don't work correctly. Ich nichten lichten.

Makes you wonder what was wrong with a good old reliable
sit up and beg Ford Pop with carb, points, dizzy and crank handle :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you tried forcing it open? When you have it partially open lift the hatch upwards to full height. My understanding is that you restrict the opening height by holding on to it once it reaches the maximum height you require. To reset you push it open beyond the "set" height.

I think the beeping only occurs when you long press the key fob boot lock symbol. The beep is to warn anyone who may be standing nearby like the reversing beep on a truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem in March this year, garage fitted new gas arms and the tailgate worked fine till December then same fault has developed, garage is now saying it is probably a programming fault that would need a SEAT dealer to put it on the diagnostic machine (at £95 an hour)to source the fault, Parks took off the gas arms to allow the tailgate to open if you are a body builder

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this get fixed? I have the exact same issue. It happened when my mum tried to close the boot manually. Freezing at the time so not sure if this also had a part in it.

Would be really keen to know cost etc. If you had to pay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My issue has never been fixed and it got to the point that VAG/Seat said they weren't sure if they could ever fix it so my insurance company bought the car off me in settlement of the claim.

Absolute joke really and has put me off having another VAG vehicle completly!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kaizer83 said:
My issue has never been fixed and it got to the point that VAG/Seat said they weren't sure if they could ever fix it so my insurance company bought the car off me in settlement of the claim.

Absolute joke really and has put me off having another VAG vehicle completly!!
Sorry, just confirm, your insurance company bought the car off you??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.
I just experinced this problem yesterday on my 2016 seat ateca excellence.
Today i found the problem! The problem for me was in joint where the cables are in movement every time the tailgate opens and close. (You can see them at the end of the struts wrapped in rubber).
I dismounted both struts and removed the rubber. The left strut was fine. But the right strut the thin brown cable was torn apart! So I soldered it and voila!!!
Try it out. Hope this works for you... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.
I just experinced this problem yesterday on my 2016 seat ateca excellence.
Today i found the problem! The problem for me was in joint where the cables are in movement every time the tailgate opens and close. (You can see them at the end of the struts wrapped in rubber).
I dismounted both struts and removed the rubber. The left strut was fine. But the right strut the thin brown cable was torn apart! So I soldered it and voila!!!
Try it out. Hope this works for you... :)

Hi. I just had this problem on my 2017 seat ateca excellence. Just this morning. It opened up fine.. Then wouldn't close. And now has the same 4 beeps and won't open or close.. Have to force it.. I hve booked it in on Tue at the garage to see what the issue is.. Let's see..

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I had the same problem with the boot. Garage quoted me about 600€. Peeling back the sleeve and inspecting the wiring to the electric boot I found a broken cable, which seems to be in line with what Cybertron said. A little bit of soldering (and forcing the boot closed to reset its position) and everything works without fault again.
Added pictures for future reference.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Synthetic rubber

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts