Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I get some advice please?

Picked up my Ateca Xcellence today ( :D ). The electric folding mirrors don't seem to be doing their thing. They are set to "fold" within the infotainment centre and I twisted the mirror adjust knob to the "fold" setting.

When I lock the Ateca (via remote keyfob) or walk away with key in pocket (Keysess), I don't see the mirrors fold in.

I'm reluctant to manually fold them in case the mechanism is present and just not functioning. The other option is that they simply haven't fitted them!

Any ideas/checks I can make please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Try keeping the 'lock' button on the remote pressed until the mirrors fold or you can hold your thumb on the door handle sensor. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
W19KED said:
Try keeping the 'lock' button on the remote pressed until the mirrors fold or you can hold your thumb on the door handle sensor. Hope this helps.
I second this Rojam, just hold the lock button on either handle or fob for a few seconds and they fold. No need to set the twirly switch thing on the door. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Make sure that the knob is set to the 0 position or it won't work. Then, as already mentioned, hold the lock button on the key or hold your finger/thumb on the sensor of either front door. Don't hold the handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
W19KED, Kindness, Leon - PRESTO!! Genius, all of you. Thank you.

Leon - I know the mirror adjustment knob was on "fold". The above worked with it on that setting.

Begs the question, what is "fold" actually for? With the engine running & selected they didn't fold in.

Thanks one & all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure if your sitting with the engine on and turn the knob to fold then they should fold as well :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
Leon said:
Make sure that the knob is set to the 0 position or it won't work. Then, as already mentioned, hold the lock button on the key or hold your finger/thumb on the sensor of either front door. Don't hold the handle.
Mine fold on the synch position (L in the UK). They also fold with the engine running if you select the fold position.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Well on Kessy it's the long press on either the front door sensors, just hold and wait or the remote lock or twiddle knob. I keep heated wing mirrors on position and use the Kessy long door handle back of the hand cover of the sensor till in. A vcds / obdeleven trick is to make lock default to fold in but then they would be going in and out like a yo-yo when loading or unloading the car. So left mine as is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Rojam said:
W19KED, Kindness, Leon - PRESTO!! Genius, all of you. Thank you.

Leon - I know the mirror adjustment knob was on "fold". The above worked with it on that setting.

Begs the question, what is "fold" actually for? With the engine running & selected they didn't fold in.

Thanks one & all.
After checking.......mirrors do fold in if you set the knob at L, R or 0. They also do fold in with the fold in setting whether the engine is running or not. So I don't know why yours didn't fold in with the engine running but do when it's not! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Leon said:
Rojam said:
W19KED, Kindness, Leon - PRESTO!! Genius, all of you. Thank you.

Leon - I know the mirror adjustment knob was on "fold". The above worked with it on that setting.

Begs the question, what is "fold" actually for? With the engine running & selected they didn't fold in.

Thanks one & all.
After checking.......mirrors do fold in if you set the knob at L, R or 0. They also do fold in with the fold in setting whether the engine is running or not. So I don't know why yours didn't fold in with the engine running but do when it's not! :eek:
If anything it should be fold engine on, no fold engine off. I have electric folding mirrors on my Ibiza - there's a slight time lag where you can fold the mirrors after switching the engine off, something like 30 seconds, after which they don't fold, but with ignition on fold as much as I like.

But yes, with the long press on the Ateca all should be good. Took the sales guy a couple of times to figure it out when I went for my test drive :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Slight discrepancy there. Engine off but ignition on, fold anytime. Engine and ignition off, time delay to fold mirrors. Ibiza only has the fold with knob option, not when locking car. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Leon said:
Rojam said:
W19KED, Kindness, Leon - PRESTO!! Genius, all of you. Thank you.

Leon - I know the mirror adjustment knob was on "fold". The above worked with it on that setting.

Begs the question, what is "fold" actually for? With the engine running & selected they didn't fold in.

Thanks one & all.
After checking.......mirrors do fold in if you set the knob at L, R or 0. They also do fold in with the fold in setting whether the engine is running or not. So I don't know why yours didn't fold in with the engine running but do when it's not! :eek:
I first noticed this change in VW group products a decade ago. It's nice to be able to fold your mirrors in when a wide vehicle is approaching down a narrow road. I think it's down to supposed safety that you can'only fold them when static. If the option is free I'll have it, but now no longer worth paying for something I can do manually. (Much like motorised tailgates really).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Leon said:
Slight discrepancy there. Engine off but ignition on, fold anytime. Engine and ignition off, time delay to fold mirrors. Ibiza only has the fold with knob option, not when locking car. ;)
Yeah, but you know what I meant :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top