Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I didn't order since you loose the compartment under the seat, that's where the motor goes, least on the Tiguan, assume the same on the Ateca, the storage space was more important to me than the ability to play with the seats position via a motor. I stuff a lot of things in it including breakable in my Altea. Already loosing under store boot space in 4WD form, didn't want to loose anymore cubby holes.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Since when was the 1.4 engine removed? I thought it was the 150ps Tdi.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's is 150. Thought he was talking petrol, took it to mean the general not providing all the goodies as the continent and Ireland rather than shortage of parts. BTW You can get in Alcantara trim in Ireland now in Xcellence, not in the UK, I phoned to check.

Not too sure whether I ever saw the electric Seat on the configurator, doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it if it's on the price list.

June UK price list:

Electrically adjustable driver seat (deletes box under seat) - - - - £212.50 £42.50 £255.00

It is delete the storage as I said.

Question to dealer. Might be something the configurator can't handle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the electric seat option on my latest Yeti. Assumption is that in all like hood it will be the same or similar. I have a slight back issue and find some seating positions difficult and usually resort to a wedge cushion. Works well enough. The electric seat does give micro adjustment as well as the ability to tip the swab of the seat up or down at the front. After a few trips and some longish runs I can honestly say it was well worth the money and would not want to buy another car without this option. It has three memory settings that remember the seat and wing mirror positions, really practical. Hope this helps? (I'm 5'11")

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
One of the Tiguans that I sat in had a massage facility and an extention at the front. This may be an enhancement to the basic electric seat or one of the same. Look at the manual and I don't think you get the VW massage option page 13 of the Ateca manual:

Electric adjustment of the driver's
seat*
Fig. 14 Driver's seat: electric seat adjust-
ment.
Adjusting the lumbar support: press the
button according to the desired position.
Seat up/down: Press the button
up/down. To adjust the front of the seat
cushion, press the front of the button
up/down. To adjust the rear of the seat
cushion, press the rear of the button
up/down.
Seat forwards/backwards: press the but-
ton forwards/backwards.
Backrest further upright/further reclined:
press the button forwards/backwards.
 ››› in Electric driver's seat adjustment*
I'm fine for backache as long as I'm sitting in an upright position. The low slung car is the one that triggers my backache and find I can't stand upright for a period.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I sacrificed that to store nick nacks in the space below. When you buy something on your travels I know it will break eg. An easter egg and it goes there :). I would have gone for the electric but didn't want to loose the space.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You get that either side if you don't have the electric driver seat in the Ateca. The Altea is big enough to get mugs, satnav brackets in, charger leads. It's where I keep the fuse box cover from under the drivers side. I've had boxes of chocolates in it in the past. It's where I put breakable presents when returning from holiday.

On lost space the panoramic roof takes away the sun glasses holder in the Ateca... no worries keep those under the drivers seat. Two pairs plus the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.