Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm feeling slightly frustrated, my car arrived into the UK last Wednesday apparently but I think it was Tuesday. Since then I've heard nothing. Last time I phoned SEAT they didn't seem keen to check and last time I phoned the dealer it came across that I was bothering him. So how long has it taken your cars to get from port to the dealer and did you get advised when the car was being delivered to the dealer?

G

·
Mine took less than a week.
I believe the dealer has to request the transport.
I had my dealer primed and ready so the request went in on the day of arrival at the port.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TrophyJem said:
Mine took less than a week.
I believe the dealer has to request the transport.
I had my dealer primed and ready so the request went in on the day of arrival at the port.
I've heard that they request it but then I've also heard that VAG put them on the transporters up to the dealers without the dealer having to do anything

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kelly said:
Mine took just under a week and my dealer definitely did not arrange the transport.
I wonder if the dealer has an idea of when it will be arriving?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine told me they only get told the day before it's delivered.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Abdn_lass said:
So I'm feeling slightly frustrated, my car arrived into the UK last Wednesday apparently but I think it was Tuesday. Since then I've heard nothing. Last time I phoned SEAT they didn't seem keen to check and last time I phoned the dealer it came across that I was bothering him. So how long has it taken your cars to get from port to the dealer and did you get advised when the car was being delivered to the dealer?
'
Were you ever given an est date of delivery? Is your car now overdue?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Abdn_lass said:
'
Were you ever given an est date of delivery? Is your car now overdue?
Nope nothing like that but my dealer was brand new I was his first sale and we were in the dealer for over 3 hours. So don't think he had a clue and wasn't getting much help

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Abdn_lass said:
Nope nothing like that but my dealer was brand new I was his first sale and we were in the dealer for over 3 hours.
'
Wasn't a delivery date mentioned in those 3hrs?
Nope. also got told I'd get regular updates from him. I've had one without having to chase. I phoned today and put pressure on to find out where it is. He phoned back pretty quick saying it was loaded on to transport on Friday but no fixed delivery date. He said hopefully it will be here tomorrow but won't be ready till next week at this rate so looks like next weekend for my car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Abdn_lass said:
kelly said:
Mine took just under a week and my dealer definitely did not arrange the transport.
I wonder if the dealer has an idea of when it will be arriving?
I had to tell my dealer that he had it!!! (Is called Seat UK for an update) He knew that they had taken delivery of some and from what he could see out the window the colour looked like it might be mine but when I called him it hadn't been booked in so he didn't have a clue!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Still don't understand this. I wouldn't buy a matress out of IKEA without at least knowing what the delivery date would be far less a car - are you saying you put a deposit on a car without having any idea when it would be delivered? Seems very strange.

Don't know what dealer you used, but most order forms will have a breakdown of information, one of which is estimated delivery date. I can't understand how a dealer could sell a car without giving an estimated date of delivery.

It really doesn't matter if the car has left the factory, is sitting at a dock in Singapore or is being delivered via the Cape of Good Hope, the only thing that matters is that the car is delivered on or near to the est. delivery date so I can understand a garage getting a tad fobbed off by people constantly making enquiries... but if neither of the two parties have agreed an estimated date of delivery :eek: Are you 100% sure there's no est. delivery date on your order form?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Still don't understand this. I wouldn't buy a matress out of IKEA without at least knowing what the delivery date would be far less a car - are you saying you put a deposit on a car without having any idea when it would be delivered? Seems very strange.

Don't know what dealer you used, but most order forms will have a breakdown of information, one of which is estimated delivery date. I can't understand how a dealer could sell a car without giving an estimated date of delivery.

It really doesn't matter if the car has left the factory, is sitting at a dock in Singapore or is being delivered via the Cape of Good Hope, the only thing that matters is that the car is delivered on or near to the est. delivery date so I can understand a garage getting a tad fobbed off by people constantly making enquiries... but if neither of the two parties have agreed an estimated date of delivery :eek: Are you 100% sure there's no est. delivery date on your order form?
My apologies I've gone back and double checked the estimate and it's the end of June. But that's just an estimate it's never guaranteed

·
Registered
73 Posts
So apparently the car was at the port last Monday 3rd July. They stated 7-10 days to get to the dealer. Called the dealer yesterday and they have no idea and said it should be another 10 days.. :x Feeling frustrated by the poor dealer experience so far...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wonder if there is an "average" time between Build week and delivery at the dealership. I am aware that this depends upon several factors, but if you know when your build week was quoted and the time from that moment to laying your hands on the car, it may reassure other prospective "hands-on" owners. I have hear of three weeks, five weeks and even 9 weeks, but those who know may like to shed light.

·
Registered
73 Posts
nsign77 said:
So apparently the car was at the port last Monday 3rd July. They stated 7-10 days to get to the dealer. Called the dealer yesterday and they have no idea and said it should be another 10 days.. :x Feeling frustrated by the poor dealer experience so far...
So five minutes after posting this the dealer actually called me.. a pleasant surprise as they had never called before! The transport apparently was only booked on the 11th so it won't be picking up the car from the port until the middle of next week.. That seems to be quite a delay from the time it arrived in the UK. No idea how long it will take to get to the dealer and ready for collection... :?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nick Bucks said:
Seems to be yet another poor SEAT dealer. Care to share their name so others can avoid ?
To be fair, they have had a few staff changes so perhaps haven't been as proactive with their communication as they could have been. I'm giving them some leeway as it should still be ready for collection 11 weeks from ordering, and considering some of the wait times reported here, that's not bad at all... If all goes according to plan..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts