Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an EPC fault 馃槖 Car now won't go over 20 mph. Waiting for someone to come out. Anyone else had this?

Registered
Ouch!!! Unlucky - 20mph and poor performance means it's in limp mode. Don't have my Ateca (still waiting) but had a similar issue on a 1.2 TSi before. Long story short the engine management system's not happy - normally it's something like a faulty sensor. Sometimes switching off and on again again and waiting a few mins before restarting can clear it. Key point is what the error codes are!

If you're getting Seat Assist to come check it out they'll probably want to clear the fault code, do a test drive down the road to ensure all's well and tell you to take it to the dealers. You have two choices at this point - clear the fault (their preferred option) or tow you to the dealers with EPC error still showing.

Your choice, but depends on the error code - sometimes clearing it is not the best idea because if you go back to the dealers to follow-up but don't have the error showing they can't do anything further unless they can replicate it.

It will be much more inconvenient but depending on the code I'd be tempted to take it to dealers with it still showing. If you think it's something minor and you decide to let Seat Assistance clear the error then make sure they list exactly what faults are showing and any descriptions.

In my case there was a design flaw in the early production models of the 1.2 TSi, which VW group did a recall on to fit a gasket to the turbo (mine wasn't recalled, suffered a turbo chamber pressure sensor failure and showed this exact behaviour). I don't think you'll have such a major problem as this on such a young car. Even so, despite the ineptitude of the dealers I had at the time Seat UK were very good with authorising and sorting out the repair (even out of warranty, at their cost) so you will eventually get it sorted.

Hopefully it's something very simple for you. Maybe one of the other 1.0 TSi owners can chime in?

Please do let us know how you get on and what your errors were!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So not good news, the car has been taken back to the garage. It has multiple faults recorded on the computer and we've been told it's not a quick fix. They've put a tech call into Milton Keynes as they do not know what the faults are but they are guessing it's something to do with the sensors.

Now we have had issues with the front assist warning since we got the car, we turned down the sensors and that goodness no more emergency stops but it still kept giving us a warning. We called out dealer and was told we should expect it as it's one of the safety features ...... can't help thinking this is all connected now!

Anyway can't fault SEAT Assist, they arranged the AA trailer and have sorted a courtesy car for tomorrow.

Can't help but feel disappointed at the moment.

Registered
Not good, but hopefully Seat will put it right - they've been very good to me when I've had problems and of course, things do go wrong occasionally so it's more a question of what do they do to put it right!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So multiple unknown faults! Only the 2nd Ateca in the U.K. To break down (from new). Barcelona are now involved and sending instructions and will not let us have it back until its completely sorted.

Registered
Peter2017 said:
So multiple unknown faults! Only the 2nd Ateca in the U.K. To break down (from new). Barcelona are now involved and sending instructions and will not let us have it back until its completely sorted.
Not good and very good at the same time. Not good that you've got the problem but good to know Head Office are taking a close look at it as well. Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have to say i'm happier knowing they are involved, Ipswich dealers have been told under no circumstances should be have it back until it's completely sorted. Fingers crossed it's not to long

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news, Ateca is fixed :) picking up tomorrow.

Registered
Great to hear! Make sure they tell you exactly what was wrong and what they did to fix it - would be good to know in case anyone else runs into a similar issue in the future.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a split in the throttle pipe which has been replaced, fingers crossed. Lost some confidence in the car. Driver assist is driving us mad too !

Registered
Good to know - thanks. At least they've put it right now - hopefully a one off.

Have you played about with the sensitivity settings others have mentioned in other threads? Seems like the default set-up is overly sensitive; for front assist at least. Not sure about the other assist measures - will have to find out for myself when my car finally arrives.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah we have adjusted but in a ten mile journey we can get maybe 2 alarms, thankfully no more emergency stops but I have to say when I'm doing a long journey I've started turning it off!

Registered
First post on the forum so here goes. Got this EPC fault code on my dash whilst driving back from Basingstoke yesterday. Car had been parked in full sun and inside of my Ateca was extremely hot when I opened the door. Immediately noticed the EPC fault and my basic computer logic induced me to power off/power on. However the Start/Stop button was very sticky, so much so I couldn't turn the engine off! Eventually reached home and managed to turn the engine off and consult this forum. Also consulted my local garage (SJB Autotech) who immediately quoted 拢60 for a diagnostic check. Went outside and managed to start the engine again despite sticky button and noticed an additional error code " Error Start Stop System" on central display panel. Decided to spray Start/Stop button with WD40 which seems to have solved the problem. Don't know if sticky button was caused by the heat (expansion) or just lack of lubrication?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts