Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I've almost ordered a 1.4 SE but have been told about the long wait time going to my Seat dealer next weekend to finalise the deal.

This will be my 4th Seat - started with a 2003 Ibiza then a 2006 model and now a 2012 Leon.

Really excited to be getting the Ateca but wondering about the Xcellence if it's available sooner !

I'm going for the following -

Black
Electric tailgate
All the parking assist options
Seat sound system
Led lights
And a few more !

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:) be interesting to hear what the build date will be :)

Nice to see a loyal Seat customer. Is my first so always good to see people happy to stick with a marque

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the phone yesterday to my dealer they advised it could be 26 weeks wait

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:shock:

But by time I get mine will have been a good 20 weeks I suspect ....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I skipped all the rest of the Seats and my faithful Altea from 2004 is still running fine. I speak in hushed tones when in it about replacing her and lovenly tap the steering wheel. The Altea was their sporting MPV based with the sister Golf Plus. The design that went into the Leon Mk2 and those Ateca internal door handles look remarkably like the Altea never mind Leon.

We didn't really get the delays on the Ateca that the continent gets but that may be due to Seat UK getting the first initial orders built to get visibility and the 2WD TDI140 engine / spec fiasco. 1.4TSI engine is more tricky and the orange paint. That's where the 20 weeks plus is coming from on the 1.4TSI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I defiantly need a 1.4 but not sure of the difference between the SE and Xcellence plus all of the extras available to me

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Page 40 on off the Sept brochure, they slipped in the SE Technology between the pre release and the full release. So you wouldn't have seen that in the early material.

http://www.seat.co.uk/car-shopping-tools/brochure-download.html

Like Saggy I was committed to a 4Drive DSG so that defined the model then I ordered the options, some more of a treat than a necessity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you that's a far more detailed brochure than what I've been looking at. I do use the configurater on the website but it's nice to have something to read through instead.

I discounted the SE technology as it's not available in the 1.4 I don't need a 1.6 diesel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.