Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

I'm having a double floor installed in my ateca after purchase, does anyone have any experience with this?
As they have said to me they only need to replace the panels in the boot.

Also interested in having a towbar installed but I don't have the preparation in the car for this.
The seat dealer is way too expensive with this but I know a mechanic who could do it.
Is this advisable as I thought there could be quite a few problems with the computers inside the car and the electrical wiring.

grts

·
Registered
241 Posts
There was a thread along similar lines for the double floor a few months ago, but I can't find it despite commenting on it.

I've got a standard floor and I think the lashing eyelets are moved higher on the double floor.

Hopefully someone can post comparison pictures of the double floor at each height.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post some when it's installed at the end of june.
But basically as they explained it to me, they would be replacing the entire side panels.
The eyelets would indeed become a bit higher and below them would be the pieces on which the variable floor can rest

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just had a removal tow-bar fitted as of Friday. Easy thing to do. Well installed. Can't see a thing when it's removed. Haven't towed yet (will do on Friday), so haven't had chance to check to see if everything works. One thing i have noticed is that the indicator thing where it flashes 3 times when you just tap it, doesn't now work. I'm phoning the company on Monday to see what's happened. Like you say, think it's something to do with the Canbus electronics not liking things added to them. I'll let you know. My tow-bar was about a third of the dealer price, so happy with that.
Next mission is space saver and custom boot floor.

·
Registered
979 Posts
NeilW said:
There was a thread along similar lines for the double floor a few months ago, but I can't find it despite commenting on it.

I've got a standard floor and I think the lashing eyelets are moved higher on the double floor.

Hopefully someone can post comparison pictures of the double floor at each height.
This is a photo of my double boot at its highest position. Definitely different side panels as eyelets completely different :D

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kindness did you get the warning triangle separate or with the car?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dargas said:
Hello there

I'm having a double floor installed in my ateca after purchase, does anyone have any experience with this?
As they have said to me they only need to replace the panels in the boot.

Also interested in having a towbar installed but I don't have the preparation in the car for this.
The seat dealer is way too expensive with this but I know a mechanic who could do it.
Is this advisable as I thought there could be quite a few problems with the computers inside the car and the electrical wiring.

grts
That's surprising, we asked the dealer before ordering ours if it was possible to add the double boot floor after collecting the car as I didnt want to have to finance it and pay interest on it and were told it would not be as there was a lot of 'build only' parts required, so we chose it as one of our options. As others have already stated the eyelets are higher on those of ours with the double floor set up ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Darrin3333 said:
Kindness did you get the warning triangle separate or with the car?
Took it from my last car. You can get them from Halfords or Amazon for about a tenner I think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts