Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered our Ateca but got it over 4 years has anyone extended the standard warranty, and do you think it would be worthwhile

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went for the 5 year warranty which cost £460 at the time of ordering the car, needless to say I thought it was worthwhile :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I got the 4 year warranty, 4 years maintenance and 4 years Seat Assistance free. I would have paid for the extra two years warranty as there is now so much that can go wrong and its all expensive to fix.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should have haggled better to try get the extender warranty in as well but he saved me £2600 on list price anyway

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
In the UK they close the door on extending the warranty the moment you sign the deal so if you are going for the extended warranty you buy it at the time of the contract else the next point is after the warranty runs out. Obviously it may be cheaper now than latter as they factor in the costs of issues that they become aware about. Obviously the extended warranty revolves around how long you expect to keep the car and some dealers don't push the extended warranty. Mine didn't as they push stuff they get commission on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When it's first registered it says in the website and mines still 17 weeks away

·
Registered
218 Posts
I extended the warranty to 5 years as it is transferable and I thought it might increase the residual value slightly as I will probably change my car before it is 4 years old.

Like Tell has said I believe that the extended warranty has to be added when you order the vehicle as it is physically added to the specification like a factory fitted option on the SEAT ordering system (my dealer sent me the screenshot below to show me that all my options had been ordered correctly and the 5 year warranty was listed).

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
As with others I extended the warranty to 5 years at order. Same reasoning as Jonny, in that I may change the car before 5 years but the warranty is transferrable with the car and will have some value as part of a trade-in, residual etc. Plus it amounts to a certain amount of peace of mind, since issues did not begin with our previous Altea until it was out of the 3 year warranty period and, essentially, we were told to get lost by SEAT regarding goodwill claims etc. There is a huge amount which could go wrong on an Ateca DSG...

·
Registered
931 Posts
PaulT00 said:
As with others I extended the warranty to 5 years at order. Same reasoning as Jonny, in that I may change the car before 5 years but the warranty is transferrable with the car and will have some value as part of a trade-in, residual etc. Plus it amounts to a certain amount of peace of mind, since issues did not begin with our previous Altea until it was out of the 3 year warranty period and, essentially, we were told to get lost by SEAT regarding goodwill claims etc. There is a huge amount which could go wrong on an Ateca DSG...
'
Regarding warranty and residuals - we'd all like to think that but facts are an extended warranty doesn't add a penny to the residual value. If you advertise the car privately then you have a case - something that may swing a buyer purchasing your car rather than another, but not if you're trading in to a dealer. Easy to find out - go to an auction buyer like WebuyAnycar (British car auctions?) and you won't find extended warranty listed when you spec the car.

When you trade the car in to a dealer, the dealer wants to maximise profit and one way of doing this is by selling THEIR OWN extended warranty! (they get commision on it). So the harsh truth is, even if a car does have extended warranty on it, the dealer doesn't want any prospective buyer to know that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh well I'll just wait til the 3 years are up and see what they offer in extended

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well you can give it a go and say I want to buy the extended warranty and see whether the Seat dealer will take your money now. Would be interested to hear whether you manage it. If it's freezing the build codes then you have a window of a month before the build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts