Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and i went for a drive test with an Ateca and i absolutely loved it! :x :x When i was talking about an offer and the possibility of buying one, they told me there is a storage issue. Even if i order now, my car will arrive earliest in 2018 :( I mention that i am from Romania. Do you know if this issue is all around Europe or just a thing for cars arriving in my country? :(

I really want an Ateca yet i don't know if i should buy it if i have to wait 9 months for it!

Have a great weekend guys and i hope i can be a part of this awesome club with an Ateca!

·
Registered
778 Posts
nafetsz said:
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and i went for a drive test with an Ateca and i absolutely loved it! :x :x When i was talking about an offer and the possibility of buying one, they told me there is a storage issue. Even if i order now, my car will arrive earliest in 2018 :( I mention that i am from Romania. Do you know if this issue is all around Europe or just a thing for cars arriving in my country? :(

I really want an Ateca yet i don't know if i should buy it if i have to wait 9 months for it!

Have a great weekend guys and i hope i can be a part of this awesome club with an Ateca!
Welcome to the forums!

Yes, there have been reports of long lead times to get a factory ordered car - some folks round here have had to wait 6 or 7 months :shock: but it very much depends on what you order and which country you're in. I was told to wait around for up to 20 weeks in the UK because of the 1.4 TSi petrol engine being so popular.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Denmark here. I ordered my Ateca (see specs in signature) on the 15th of December and was told I could then expect a delivery in June. At that time my dealer said that was worst case and he hoped for a May delivery. As he hasn't received any production date from Seat yet so I'm m not even sure they will make the June deadline :(.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QuadTrax said:
Denmark here. I ordered my Ateca (see specs in signature) on the 15th of December and was told I could then expect a delivery in June. At that time my dealer said that was worst case and he hoped for a May delivery. As he hasn't received any production date from Seat yet so I'm m not even sure they will make the June deadline :(.
Oh my god. I feel sorry for you QuadTrax. How are you holding up? I mean i really like the Ateca and i really want it, but it is worth the wait that long? I am in doubt for myself if i want it or not. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I waited longer and at times I was climbing up the wall, but it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh my god. I feel sorry for you QuadTrax. How are you holding up? I mean i really like the Ateca and i really want it, but it is worth the wait that long? I am in doubt for myself if i want it or not. What do you think?
Oh, I'm doing great thank you. It's just a car. I love the Ateca and hearing what people say about it in here makes me trust the wait is worth it. It would be great though to have it before my girlfriend gives birth mid June. I would hate installing the childseat in the Fiat 500 we have now. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QuadTrax said:
Oh, I'm doing great thank you. It's just a car. I love the Ateca and hearing what people say about it in here makes me trust the wait is worth it. It would be great though to have it before my girlfriend gives birth mid June. I would hate installing the childseat in the Fiat 500 we have now. :lol:
Congratulations on the baby! I think i will order it, even though the long wait. Perhaps furthermore they will sort it out and i will get my car earlier. I still have to talk to my parents about this small development, but i don't think it will make a difference. Cheers!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think the issue is that the country's and/or dealer's allocation has been filled, so they have to wait for one of their allotted slots to come up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i'm from the Netherlands. placed my order on 20-9-2016, so 6 months of waiting and still no production date :eek:
It's a 1.4 no DSG ..... (jungle Green) which you can't order at this moment.... So i hope they will still build it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NEAK said:
Hi, i'm from the Netherlands. placed my order on 20-9-2016, so 6 months of waiting and still no production date :eek:
It's a 1.4 no DSG ..... (jungle Green) which you can't order at this moment.... So i hope they will still build it
So you ordered it in September last year and you yet have no build date? Damn that is a long time!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't think the Ateca is desirable enough to carry the current lead times. I really don't.

As QuadTrax said; It's only a car.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sorte Per said:
I don't think the Ateca is desirable enough to carry the current lead times. I really don't.
If it's not due to popularity then what's your theory to those long lead times? Do you think production has stopped?

Just take a look at the comments on this forum with all those long lead times. Personally I wouldn't wait that long on a car but I've yet to read anyone cancelling their order or saying they've changed their mind and bought a rival. Contrary to what you think, evidence suggests the car IS desirable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my SEAT Ateca Xcellence 1,4 TSI ACT Start/Stop 4x4 DSG in early November and was told I could get it in early March. I got it in early January two months before expected. I have enjoyed it for 2½ months now.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Suspect that is UK above.

Had a thought. Only PCP purchase methods are popular in the UK on a 3 year period of changing cars and getting a new one on finance. In Germany they keep their cars for ten years.

I'm wondering why short delivery generally by Seat to UK buyers is to expand market share not just for this car but the next one on the basis they retain some customer loyalty. So it's long term planning to expand their market share rather than profit margins are higher in the UK on a one off sale. Just a thought. Also been talk of VW substituting their less tarred brands due to diesel gate may be a factor. Interesting one why lead times are reduced for UK purchasers.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Tell said:
Suspect that is UK above.

Had a thought. Only PCP purchase methods are popular in the UK on a 3 year period of changing cars and getting a new one on finance. In Germany they keep their cars for ten years.

I'm wondering why short delivery generally by Seat to UK buyers is to expand market share not just for this car but the next one on the basis they retain some customer loyalty. So it's long term planning to expand their market share rather than profit margins are higher in the UK on a one off sale. Just a thought. Also been talk of VW substituting their less tarred brands due to diesel gate may be a factor. Interesting one why lead times are reduced for UK purchasers.
Could be - UK market has been growing well recently. There was a report about 3 years back that UK moved up the rankings as was (then) the second largest car market in Europe (behind Germany), so lots of commercial reasons for Seat to lure UK buyers I guess. Then again things change on a daily basis.

Would be nice to see them expanding dealers again. My two local ones closed down 1 year and 3 years ago which makes it a bit of a pig - closest alternative is utter rubbish and have to go a wee bit further to find one that's absolutely stellar.

Rant over and back on topic - seems like Seat have been focussed on the UK market with the lead times, but as TrophyJem found out that may be changing with their lead time pushed back a whopping 9 weeks (haven't dared ring up yet in case I get the same shock). Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Nafetsz - good choice if you order it! :) (But then again most folks here are biased!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
If it's not due to popularity then what's your theory to those long lead times? Do you think production has stopped?
What I tried to articulate was this: The Ateca is a nice car but waiting for more than six months for it, which seems to be the norm outside of the UK, is too long. Nafetsz' original comment/question/statement was that he was unsure if the Ateca was worth waiting for, when the expected lead time was nine months. I'd say; no. Not because I don't like the Ateca or acknowledge that it's a popular car, but because nine months is a loooooooong time.

I didn't comment on the reasons for Ateca lead times being long. I've done that before, gotten corrected and won't do it again. Also I have absolutely no reason to believe production has stopped. Why would I? ;)

Golfmk56 said:
Just take a look at the comments on this forum with all those long lead times. Personally I wouldn't wait that long on a car but I've yet to read anyone cancelling their order or saying they've changed their mind and bought a rival. Contrary to what you think, evidence suggests the car IS desirable.
English is not my first language, so what I write may be easy to misinterpret. I DO think the Ateca is desirable! I've been waiting for four months and couting for mine... for foglights sake! But I'm also of the oppinion that SEAT and VAG are stretching their credibility towards customers. As long as SEAT dealers all over Europe are unable or unwilling to give even remotely accurate guesstimates on delivery times for Atecas, I'll continue to question the competence of VAG when it comes to logistics and communication. The Ateca is desirable but I don't believe its allure beats or even corresponds to the long wait in the dark some of us are experiencing.

If I had known I'd be waiting at least two months on top of the five, I'd been promised when I ordered my car, then I would have looked elsewhere. And that was my point.

G

·
NEAK said:
Hi! I've been reading this forum for quite some time, but just now decided to register because I saw this post. I'm exactly on the same position as you are. I live in Finland and placed my order two days before you did, on 18. September. I'm gonna have 1.4TSI 4Drive DSG, also Jungle Green. I still have no confirmed production date, but I have good news for you (and possibly explanation for others here for their production date pushback).

I had preliminary production date for late May, but just had good news - although still preliminary, it has changed to late April, a whole month earlier. My dealer told me that the reason for the change is the colour. Since Jungle Green has been dropped from the palette (not just for Ateca, but also for the other cars from the same factory, Yeti and Kodiaq), cars ordered with that colour are now given a priority. They probably want to get the green colour off the production line as soon as possible.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I decided to buy some accessories to make sure I would not change my mind whilst waiting what is likely to be 16 weeks at least (1.4 engine and towbar) .. too many times I have gone past car sales garages and tempted to say aod it let's just buy something.. doean't help that my bicycle has now packed in..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Bicycles cheaper to buy a replacement.

We don't get the 4Drive 1.4TSI in the UK yet which would have been attractive to some that went for the diesel 4Drive, whilst they were late to offer the 2WD DSG 1.4TSI. I do suspect they have detailed modelling that supports how they sell their cars across markets and lead times. The same way the great British public gave them market research data on how they value the extras as part of the first edition.

There is more choice coming along on a bigger Ateca which should address the space issues of the Ateca so I suspect if I hadn't bought mine and was on a big wait I would consider holding. The first I'd do is check out a Kodiaq as a guide on the front leg room passenger and driver. If you are European and see the car as a ten year investment with the new information coming on the more roomy versions on the bigger VW brand models having a rethink if you can and have something to fall back on in the meantime isn't bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tet70 said:
NEAK said:
Hi! I've been reading this forum for quite some time, but just now decided to register because I saw this post. I'm exactly on the same position as you are. I live in Finland and placed my order two days before you did, on 18. September. I'm gonna have 1.4TSI 4Drive DSG, also Jungle Green. I still have no confirmed production date, but I have good news for you (and possibly explanation for others here for their production date pushback).

I had preliminary production date for late May, but just had good news - although still preliminary, it has changed to late April, a whole month earlier. My dealer told me that the reason for the change is the colour. Since Jungle Green has been dropped from the palette (not just for Ateca, but also for the other cars from the same factory, Yeti and Kodiaq), cars ordered with that colour are now given a priority. They probably want to get the green colour off the production line as soon as possible.
I hope it will be late April :cool: ... We will wait and see.. but around 7 months is 'normal' wait time for a lot of ateca's in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. :cry:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts