Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked my FE Ateca yesterday and thought that it was time for me to sign up, since I'm now an owner!

Been watching this forum for a while listening to other people's stories so it's nice to finally have my car.

Ordered from Arnold Clark Preston mid August and collected yesterday, so I'm super happy with the quick turn around, since I was originally quoted 3/4 months waiting time.

Love the car, drives beautifully and really a lot quieter than I thought it would be for a 1.6 diesel. The material quality is great.

Think my fav thing is just how good the infotainment system is and how smooth and responsive it is.

So far I'm very impressed with the Ateca, I'll attach a few images below, will take more soon.

P.s. Really surprised when I found out it came with mats as standard, so saved me £60 there.

Any questions just ask
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive parking light
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying it. Right type of engine ;).

It's going to be November for me since I'm travelling in October and back the envelop suggests it won't be in the country and at the dealers till late October.

You will have had one of the 200 FEs built for launch, then some people (may be one ?) have laid their hands on Xcellences which again are likely to be a few odd ones they had over that we're going as demonstrators I guess. Then I reckon the rest are being picked up from about right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
Hi Chris

So you're here to laugh at those of us still waiting really ;)

I have a question - rubber or cloth mats?
I need rubber as I get dirty boots

I was expecting to need to buy a set so that's good news if they are standard :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I should pick up my FE very soon. Does look nice in white, really shows of the lines.

Couple of queries. Does it definitely have the pool of light from the side mirrors to stop you stepping in "muck"!

Also, does it have auto lights? I think it does but am not sure. Pretty sure it doesn't have the auto wipers but does have auto lights.

Finally, can you confirm it doesn't come with a split boot? The handy boot floor that can be adjusted up and down to create a level loading area/hidden space underneath. I am hoping I can request one in after pick up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
ChrisUK said:
So I picked my FE Ateca yesterday and thought that it was time for me to sign up, since I'm now an owner!

Been watching this forum for a while listening to other people's stories so it's nice to finally have my car.

Ordered from Arnold Clark Preston mid August and collected yesterday, so I'm super happy with the quick turn around, since I was originally quoted 3/4 months waiting time.

Love the car, drives beautifully and really a lot quieter than I thought it would be for a 1.6 diesel. The material quality is great.

Think my fav thing is just how good the infotainment system is and how smooth and responsive it is.

So far I'm very impressed with the Ateca, I'll attach a few images below, will take more soon.

P.s. Really surprised when I found out it came with mats as standard, so saved me £60 there.

Any questions just ask
View attachment 312 View attachment 312
Congrats Chris. Exactly same car as mine. Cant wait for mine. ....Enjoy the ride...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saggy said:
Hi Chris

So you're here to laugh at those of us still waiting really ;)

I have a question - rubber or cloth mats?
I need rubber as I get dirty boots

I was expecting to need to buy a set so that's good news if they are standard :)
Comes with cloth mats, I would prefer rubber ones for winter but they can wait until another time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magpie86 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I should pick up my FE very soon. Does look nice in white, really shows of the lines.

Couple of queries. Does it definitely have the pool of light from the side mirrors to stop you stepping in "muck"!

Also, does it have auto lights? I think it does but am not sure. Pretty sure it doesn't have the auto wipers but does have auto lights.

Finally, can you confirm it doesn't come with a split boot? The handy boot floor that can be adjusted up and down to create a level loading area/hidden space underneath. I am hoping I can request one in after pick up.
Yep, comes with puddle lights, they look fantastic at night, everyone has commented on them in my village.
It doesn't have auto lights or auto wipers on the FE, which is a little bit dissapointing since for a car this price they really should.

FInally, no in the FE you don't have the option to spec the split boot, which I was pretty cross about. However it IS an option in every other trim level for £105 or there abouts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ma9mwah said:
do you know if you can listen to the radio while using android auto for satnav?
I don't have an Android phone, sorry. However when I plug my iPhone into the car and use CarPlay, it does give me a message saying that it can no longer be used as a media device (but you can use the Apple music app or spotify within CarPlay, to play music)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
ChrisUK said:
Magpie86 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I should pick up my FE very soon. Does look nice in white, really shows of the lines.

Couple of queries. Does it definitely have the pool of light from the side mirrors to stop you stepping in "muck"!

Also, does it have auto lights? I think it does but am not sure. Pretty sure it doesn't have the auto wipers but does have auto lights.

Finally, can you confirm it doesn't come with a split boot? The handy boot floor that can be adjusted up and down to create a level loading area/hidden space underneath. I am hoping I can request one in after pick up.
Yep, comes with puddle lights, they look fantastic at night, everyone has commented on them in my village.
It doesn't have auto lights or auto wipers on the FE, which is a little bit dissapointing since for a car this price they really should.

FInally, no in the FE you don't have the option to spec the split boot, which I was pretty cross about. However it IS an option in every other trim level for £105 or there abouts.
May be they didn't ask the crowd for above 2 options :( . I love auto lights and auto wipers on my Octavaia...makes your life easy...hey ho just have to compromise i think. Thanks for confirming about puddle lights ...we weren't sure about these on FE as there is some contradictions in the printed brochure and online configurator....

PS: How long it took for PDI and did they explain everything about the car and functionality ? I would be collecting mine from the same dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DELLFAN said:
ChrisUK said:
Magpie86 said:
Welcome to the forum.

I should pick up my FE very soon. Does look nice in white, really shows of the lines.

Couple of queries. Does it definitely have the pool of light from the side mirrors to stop you stepping in "muck"!

Also, does it have auto lights? I think it does but am not sure. Pretty sure it doesn't have the auto wipers but does have auto lights.

Finally, can you confirm it doesn't come with a split boot? The handy boot floor that can be adjusted up and down to create a level loading area/hidden space underneath. I am hoping I can request one in after pick up.
Yep, comes with puddle lights, they look fantastic at night, everyone has commented on them in my village.
It doesn't have auto lights or auto wipers on the FE, which is a little bit dissapointing since for a car this price they really should.

FInally, no in the FE you don't have the option to spec the split boot, which I was pretty cross about. However it IS an option in every other trim level for £105 or there abouts.
May be they didn't ask the crowd for above 2 options :( . I love auto lights and auto wipers on my Octavaia...makes your life easy...hey ho just have to compromise i think. Thanks for confirming about puddle lights ...we weren't sure about these on FE as there is some contradictions in the printed brochure and online configurator....

PS: How long it took for PDI and did they explain everything about the car and functionality ? I would be collecting mine from the same dealer.
My car arrived at the dealer on the 22nd and I could have picked it up on the 24th, but I had to rearrange to Thursday the 29th, the dealership is a lot smaller than what I thought it would be. Jean my sales assistant said mine was only the second Ateca he had handed over so far, but that they had fully sold out of FE's

Also, just to add the FE wheels look fantastic in person!! I was a bit worried, cause I really wanted the bi-tone 19'' ones, but they can't be spec'd on the FE, so I was a bit gutted and was even thinking about having my FE's wheels painted full gloss black
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Thanks Chris! I knew it didn't have auto wipers because they are part of a pack. The SE I test drove had auto lights and the dealer who sat with me said mine had it as well. I suspected he was wrong though! I don't mind, it isn't hard to move a switch right as it gets darker :)

Can't wait to see the puddle lights!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I suspect you just hit the radio button but resisted from saying. I think it was discussed on the German forum, came up here before but not resolved. I think that is the idea with the quick entry buttons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Yes you can use radio with Android auto nav. I think it works both ways too, so you can listen to music via Android auto and use Seat Nav.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top