Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was promiscuous after I went to bed last night to check that the sister New Tiguan board hadn't got the panoramic comfort close mod, they hadn't. They hadn't worked out how to disable stop start yet (think they are held back by Ross Tech), but somebody had been making their car even more full LED by changing their festoon bulbs in the glovebox, sun visor and trunk with dimensions. Have a sneaky suspicion they will be the same size as the Ateca. Manual is a bit light on dimensions so you have to extract to find out.

http://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=631

Trunk light is festoon 41/41mm
Sunvisor lights are festoon 38/39 mm
Glove box is T10 W5W.
Reckon for me the only candidate would be the boot light to get some more brightness out of that. Will investigate.

It also appears that the German plant also forgets to put in footwell lights as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tell said:
It also appears that the German plant also forgets to put in footwell lights as well.
Will you take your car back to the dealer to have them fitted?

·
Registered
192 Posts
What is the standard boot light like? In the Yeti it's pants. :evil:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phosphoric said:
Tell said:
Will you take your car back to the dealer to have them fitted?
Mines done and dusted over Xmas. Although I suspect they might have come off a demo car. German Ateca owners were blighted with this as well, although I seem to be the only person in the UK effected, others they fit the carpet over the lights creating the effect... cases on that on the board.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DSG4WD said:
There has been a general complaint... Saggy for one who had a Yeti before so I'd expect similar. You just get the one boot light in the Ateca, top two as the Tiguan.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
DSG4WD said:
There has been a general complaint... Saggy for one who had a Yeti before so I'd expect similar. You just get the one boot light in the Ateca, top two as the Tiguan.
I've never mentioned the boot light at all !!!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure ?????. I don't normally get things. Somebody said the boot light wasn't very bright and only down to one.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
So regardless of who said what, what do people who have taken delivery think of the boot light?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I find it not very bright myself so I'm changing bulbs when the cars new to get the full advantage. I know Saggy thinks her car is perfect.... I don't think for a full LED version there are many that can be usefully done, reversing lights and the boot light. I done the reversing lights and cogitating on the boot light.

Flushed with success of the reversing ones...

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=639&p=8309&hilit=reversing#p8309

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha... false alarm chaps and chapesss it's already a LED on the Xcellence, I read the serial in small letters on the back... 8J0 947 4098 which throws up this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient=tablet-gws&safe=strict&client=firefox-b&q=mne+germany+8j0+947+4098&oq=mne+germany+8j0+947+4098&gs_l=tablet-gws.12..35i39k1.8653.10728.0.12386.2.2.0.0.0.0.230.448.2-2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.tablet-gws..0.2.447.dSBH0aopEzA

The guy posting on that Tiguan site won't be "full LED"... question now can you get brighter units... will have a look.

Think it finishes 409B rather than 8... this thread has the 409 on it for people who want to go LED... might be useful perhaps for non full LED owners got an upgrade for an Audi might be useful for someone:).

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/645089-A7-LED-Trunk-Glovebox-Lightning

Probably an upgrade route for non LED Ateca's it's probably a festoon with those dimension and a LED variant of the bulb can go in or you can fill the hole as above with the same Audi fancy part.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
I was promiscuous after I went to bed last night
Not sure if that's really what you meant, Tell :?:
I'd keep an eye on the predictive text or autocorrect if I was you :shock: :eek: :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got your jim jams on I get promiscuous with my browsing habits on sisters cars.

Actually it might help somebody who want to put LEDs in as interior lights. I think my foot well one may look like that if I put the camera underneath since those units are sold for that as well. The actually festoon ones I Googled had three of those diode things in them whilst we just get the one.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
You got your jim jams on I get promiscuous with my browsing habits on sisters cars.
Ah, OK as in 'indiscriminate' or 'casual' browsing :lol: Thanks to Mr Google for the thesaurus on that one :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell - stop speaking for me! No car is perfect .... but this is about as perfect as I need right now

Boot light - fine for me as only thing in my boot is a dog cage so I don't do anything else at the rear except let them in and out

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Ideas guys, LED or not. How do I get at the bulb. I hooked it out from the panel.
Tell these LOOK like EXACTLY the same light units as the puddle lights on my A3 - I replaced the standard ones with those with the Audi four rings logo, but they are OE equipment.
If I look at those I took out, I think it's effectively a sealed unit, and I'd resist any attempt to open it as the plastic is so fragile it may simply break, and the unit is goosed!

There is a thread on here somewhere about having personal logos embedded within the Ateca's wing mirror puddle lights; Saggy I think may also have posted a link to a step by step guide as to how it was done (but not on an Ateca); but it's a major faff and certainly not just a straightforward bulb swap as far as I'm concerned.

After your grief with the footwell light, you may want to think carefully on this one ?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I decided they were sealed and yes documented as footwell lights as well. I'm not going to do anything with them unless there are super bright ones... Didn't find any.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.