Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

after almost 8 months I have my new car and I feel great. This car has met my expectations and driving is a real pleasure.
I waited so long that I had a few times wanted to give up but eventually I did not find any other car for that price and with this equipment.
Previously I was 9 years old toyota rav4, but ateca is another class. In addition, the brown leather upholstery looks sensational.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations Philippo enjoy your new toy, I'm waiting for mine I suppose the good news for me I've just shuffled one further up the queue....
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!
A long wait, looks like I'm in for same, placed an order 3 weeks ago, not sure if to expect the car this year!
When you have time, share some pics! I also ordered Cappucino beige, although I haven't seen it live.
How much did it cost?
The Navi system is the one with 10Gb hdd or the cheaper one (which I also chose)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price in Poland is around 27 000 euro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm slighty drunk but that colour is amazing... looks unbelievable :D :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
That looks really good. How come you managed to get the SE Tech wheels on the Xcellence? I tried asking for that and was told it wasn't possible. Annoying because that is probably one of the easiest requests to cater for.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well spotted tobydog. A simple request that I also made and was refused so I didn't go for the Excellence as I didn't want 19" wheels.
Looks very smart philipino, do you tow a caravan?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
tobydog said:
That looks really good. How come you managed to get the SE Tech wheels on the Xcellence?
It is an option in most other countries. I have them on my Xcellence in Spain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phosphoric said:
Well spotted tobydog. A simple request that I also made and was refused so I didn't go for the Excellence as I didn't want 19" wheels.
Looks very smart philipino, do you tow a caravan?
No, no :)
I just want to mount bicycle holder

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
I do love that colour, not sure why you can't get it in the UK as I'm sure it would be a big seller :D Does anyone know why different countries have different options like this and the seat colours/materials? I guess they try and pick for different countries tastes, but who & why do they decides on them?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kindness71 said:
I do love that colour, not sure why you can't get it in the UK as I'm sure it would be a big seller :D Does anyone know why different countries have different options like this and the seat colours/materials? I guess they try and pick for different countries tastes, but who & why do they decides on them?
Well Kindness, I actually dont know the answer to that, but I was visited a month or so back, by a marketing company working for SEAT, who asked me lots of questions about the car, my buying experience, my choices and how I saw the SEAT brand. Took about an hour and I was paid for my time, though they needn't. Can't remember all the things I was asked, but the guy came up by train from that London to speak to me cos they didnt have many Ateca owners on their contact list. My name was there since I'd done a standard dealer feedback response for SEAT and had indicated I'd be pleased to help with further research.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kindness71 said:
I think that reasons are simple. UK is one of the richest markets, so VW group is more interested in selling more expensive tiguan models, than atecas. If they reduce the selection of equipment, and today's customers are looking for unique things that will distinguish them from the crowd, push them out of this brand to premium brand(VW)

Look at this

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Kindness71 said:
'
I'd be surprised if anyone would be able to answer that, SEAT included ! Probably all boils down to the particular market rivals and what / what isn't popular. For example it's often written by some that they would have preferred Alcantara rather than Leather on UK Xcellence. Well Xcellence will be aimed / priced at the lower trim 'quality' brands such as BMW etc. You try buying (or more to the point selling) a 'quality' brand car in the UK without leather! And even small cheap hatchbacks like the Clio come with SatNav as standard in the UK - would it be acceptable for SEAT's top-of-the-range Ateca to charge extra? It looks like most of Europe pay extra for SatNav.

As said in a previous thread, I have a lot of sympathy for other markets in Europe. Us Brits like to think we're being ripped-off but when it comes to motoring, we're actually one of the better value countries.

As for the colour - that's what I'd have chosen too, but we're one of the very few markets where it's not available. Perhaps SEAT UK simply forgot to specify it? Or they had trouble spelling capachino, err cuppuchino, err cappechino err... Would it have been available if they'd simply called it 'Latte' ? :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
philippo said:
Kindness71 said:
I think that reasons are simple. UK is one of the richest markets, so VW group is more interested in selling more expensive tiguan models, than atecas. If they reduce the selection of equipment, and today's customers are looking for unique things that will distinguish them from the crowd, push them out of this brand to premium brand(VW)

Look at this
Tiguans are pretty common in the UK and the Ateca comes with more standard equipment, so I don't see how a Tiguan will set anyone apart, that argument makes no sense to me, especially considering that unlike the Ateca, the Tiguan is not a good looking car, rather a box on wheels.

I suspect it is more just a case of trying to limit options Ateca to standardise production and get more cars on the road quicker in UK and in doing so misjudging which options british buyers actually want.

Just speculation on my part, but a possible reason why Alcantara seats are not an option here could be due to them being available on the Leon at the time I ordered mine and since they were so similar to the standard leather bolstered w/fabric seats for a much higher price point, I suspect no one bothered with them and Seat assumed they wouldnt sell well on Ateca either...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice alloys
I ordered the same ones 😎

1 - 16 of 16 Posts