Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have driven approximately 3,000 miles up and down motorways and round and about various towns since launch date and I haven't seen one Ateca...not one. This morning, I drove the 200m to the end of my street and there was a beautiful, shiny white Ateca just parked up on the main road.
Big shout out to whoever owns that (reg NJ66). I am not at all jealous that I am not now going to be the first one in Derbyshire! :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
When is yours due for delivery JLO?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not until 6 February David. I can't wait :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dougie said:
Cool, :D don't suppose you took a pic?
I didn't Dougie 'cause I was too busy drooling!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:D

I'm terrible,

If this flashing lark goes on at each other I'll just think I've left my lights on or something. I'm really observant on the roads but not at makes lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
JLO said:
Not until 6 February David. I can't wait :p
Then I'm hoping yours wouldn't have been the first Ateca in Derbyshire anyway ;-)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
:D

I'm terrible,

If this flashing lark goes on at each other I'll just think I've left my lights on or something. I'm really observant on the roads but not at makes lol
I thought this whole flashing thing had been put to bed. I promised that nice policeman that I'd never do it again, and I stand by my word :oops: !

We get this in the MX5. The world and his wife who has one will flash and wave. There are even clubs and meetings for other owners.

Please can we agree that it will never, ever, ever lead to anything like that?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had a little red mx5 called Rosie at one point. An a3 for sensible and Rosie for fun :)
Nobody ever flashed me

And I won't be flashing anyone else

I should be pretty recognisable in mine mind what with red, the hair and the registration lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
I had a little red mx5 called Rosie at one point. An a3 for sensible and Rosie for fun :)
Nobody ever flashed me

And I won't be flashing anyone else

I should be pretty recognisable in mine mind what with red, the hair and the registration lol
Maybe it's an MX5 hairdressing thing! Was Rosie red as well by any chance? Is it not the most fun you can have on a sunny day with the roof down? Will you be naming your Ateca? ( daft question!) . So many questions!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I had an Audi move over on a roundabout yesterday so they could have a look, felt like I was in the spot lights as they let me slip away in front off them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
I had an Audi move over on a roundabout yesterday so they could have a look, felt like I was in the spot lights as they let me slip away in front off them.
They were probably getting out your way if your lane assist was wrestling you and you looked like you were going to blindside then ;)

And the spot light was them flashing

Did you notice a clenched fist too :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
No ones paid Much attention to mine yet. I dropped off my youngest and his girlfriend ice skating earlier and they both sat in the back giving me directions. Even referred to me as 'driver' a couple of times so, I think the kids approve.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell said:
They were probably getting out your way if your lane assist was wrestling you and you looked like you were going to blindside then ;)

That's so unfair! I was going to say something very similar but thought I'd be more civil! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Dougie said:
Saggy said:
Tell said:

That's so unfair! I was going to say something very similar but thought I'd be more civil! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Lane Assist was off and I didnt have the three J walkers plastered on my bonnet. They must have been looking at the light cluster and decided to observe. A sequence of two roundabouts so it's sort of a race to get into position for the second... mind you they could have been lost.

The other occasion was when a bus driver let me out mesmerised by the orange flashing front LEDs.

BTW Saggy advise you to have the speed warning off from what you post since it would constantly nag you. Does depend on the roads changing speeds. Camera recognition every time it sees one or two and decides your speeding, so that ups the anti but don't think you will have that. The Today programme would be peppered with pongs.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell

Mine doesn't read road signs

And you dont have to be speeding to get an automatic car into 7th gear

I mainly need to power to get by tractors in the limited windows of opportunity there are on roads round here

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I know that feeling. I might get into 7th on a two mile stretch of dual carriage way tomorrow, will check. Would be nice to see it, not that my other DSG was six speed.

The speed warnings and camera alarms are fine in rural areas but it goes bonkers in outer London. I have 5 miles to clear 40 mph limits before the speed limit is relaxed. Few people observe that limit although the speed camera data base has mobile ones in, so I'm trying to observe the speed limit now. Then we have leaping deer and guys dressed in black now hiking down the middle of the road in the dark, as you do on a 60 mph road.... I'm a wimp I don't drive into central London, use my TfL card.

No and I still have not seen another myself except the garages one taking a spin when I left.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
I know that feeling. I might get into 7th on a two mile stretch of dual carriage way tomorrow, will check. Would be nice to see it, not that my other DSG was six speed.

The speed warnings and camera alarms are fine in rural areas but it goes bonkers in outer London. I have 5 miles to clear 40 mph limits before the speed limit is relaxed. Few people observe that limit although the speed camera data base has mobile ones in, so I'm trying to observe the speed limit now. Then we have leaping deer and guys dressed in black now hiking down the middle of the road in the dark, as you do on a 60 mph road.... I'm a wimp I don't drive into central London, use my TfL card.

No and I still have not seen another myself except the garages one taking a spin when I left.
Tell, maybe you should have considered a smaller more user friendly car for living so close to central London and then got the monster 190 when you move to the wilds of the countryside to unleash the beast that lies within ( sorry Mrs Tell) .

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well in that 12 year period of the life of the car I should be off out of London once parental duties on the partners side are done. That's why I got the beast ready for the move although getting to Heathrow / Gatwick / Stansted has its attractions rather getting from Wales. I fear a silver paint moment coming on, but I did go to UoS and whilst I like Sussex you get that build up coastal ribbon, so it's the wilds of Wales if I don't pop off before then. The car will be good for European holidays in the meantime. The logic is, one of us should have a 4Drive.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Well in that 12 year period of the life of the car I should be off out of London once parental duties on the partners side are done. That's why I got the beast ready for the move although getting to Heathrow / Gatwick / Stansted has its attractions rather getting from Wales. I fear a silver paint moment coming on, but I did go to UoS and whilst I like Sussex you get that build up coastal ribbon, so it's the wilds of Wales if I don't pop off before then. The car will be good for European holidays in the meantime. The logic is, one of us should have a 4Drive.
Tell, two things. Firstly. Partners parental duties? Don't you share these whether they are yours or not? You really have no idea how much you rub everyone up the wrong way. Maybe it's a generation thing?

Second thing, I'm quite pleased that you chose Wales ( no disrespect to the Welsh) , I just hope they are ready for you!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts