Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just ordered a 4 month old Seat Ateca FR Sport (1.5 2wd DSG). Pick up next Friday. Did have a Skoda Karoq Edition 190 TDI 4x4 but due to change in work circumstances no longer need the diesel (or 4wd) and the trade in was just too good to pass up. Really looking forward to the new car (~2k miles) and no DPF to worry about on the shorter journeys. Couldn't believe just how much quieter the car was without the diesel lump up front.

Has anyone else made this transition? I'm gonna take out the rubber mats from the Karoq as I think they will fit but if anyone can confirm that would be helpful.

Anyway, will read this board with interest.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

Just ordered a 4 month old Seat Ateca FR Sport (1.5 2wd DSG). Pick up next Friday. Did have a Skoda Karoq Edition 190 TDI 4x4 but due to change in work circumstances no longer need the diesel (or 4wd) and the trade in was just too good to pass up. Really looking forward to the new car (~2k miles) and no DPF to worry about on the shorter journeys. Couldn't believe just how much quieter the car was without the diesel lump up front.

Has anyone else made this transition? I'm gonna take out the rubber mats from the Karoq as I think they will fit but if anyone can confirm that would be helpful.

Anyway, will read this board with interest.

Cheers
Steve
I'm making the opposite move going from 1.5 TSI DSG 2WD to 2.0 TDI DSG 4Drive. The 1.5 TSI is a really nice lump in all honesty, it's smooth, quiet and does pull when you give her a rev! (expect around high 30's MPG) I'm a little jaded as mine is burning 1L of oil every 3k-4k miles which I'm not really happy with. I don't think this is that typical of the engine though so sure yours will be fine. Love the Ateca though, great value and still sorta fun to drive for an SUV type car.

Reactions: StevieK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm making the opposite move going from 1.5 TSI DSG 2WD to 2.0 TDI DSG 4Drive. The 1.5 TSI is a really nice lump in all honesty, it's smooth, quiet and does pull when you give her a rev! (expect around high 30's MPG) I'm a little jaded as mine is burning 1L of oil every 3k-4k miles which I'm not really happy with. I don't think this is that typical of the engine though so sure yours will be fine. Love the Ateca though, great value and still sorta fun to drive for an SUV type car.
Hi - and thanks for the reply! To be fair I had the 4wd 190 TDI for 2 years and it's barely done 11k miles due to the obvious changes that have affected all of us over the last couple of years. The last couple of cars have all been 4wd diesels (Yeti then Karoq) and I've loved them both. However, I don't really think the Karoq ever had a chance as I've simply not driven it enough. The working from home and greatly reduced annual mileage has prompted the change and nothing else to be honest (other than an exceptional trade in!) so I just hope I've made the right move. I do hope you enjoy 4wd motoring though - the VW group stuff really is excellent. Deffo will monitor the oil consumption though - thought that was the drawback with diesel....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well that's certainly reassuring to hear! To be really honest, I likely won't need the 4wd aspects regularly. My parent's live in the most northern part of Scotland just below Thurso and the roads and weather can be pretty grim. Plenty of snow! haha.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice of Ateca once you get to live with it for a bit. They're a great drivers car for an SUV with the trade off being a more firm drive but not too much. The 1.5 TSI if you aren't doing tons of miles will be great.

Enjoy your new car on Friday!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts