Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday night, when I was driving from work to home, a yellow warning triangle flashed on bearing "front assist failure". No front collision, no potholes, nothing for a reason.
I parked and switched off then on again. Nothing changed. From the settings, I deactivated it. Warning still comes on.

Duh. :shock: :?: :!:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not good! :-(

I have had a yellow triangle warning sign and then another light appear that looked like a car on a road with a sensor symbols on its side and front. I took that to mean front assist wasn't working.

It was raining pretty heavily though so wasn't sure if something had jammed the sensors. It cleared up after a restart anyway.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That doesn't sound too good Bagheera, but hopefully it is something which your dealer will be able to sort out for you quickly.

Have we heard if this is a known problem, or were you just unlucky?

Good luck anyway!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Might sound silly but do any of the sensors need cleaning? I imagine they are behind the windscreen but might be something on the bumper aswell that has got some dirt or dead bugs on it?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The transmitter is suppose to be behind the badge for reference purposes. I do wonder how much other radar interference effects the workings. Ultrasound on the bumpers, blind spot radar back bumpers, lane assist camera windscreen. It's the badge.

A car with so much electronics something is going to breakdown although generally failures tend to be in the early period and then settle down. Hopefully all in warranty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Magpie86 said:
Not good! :-(

I have had a yellow triangle warning sign and then another light appear that looked like a car on a road with a sensor symbols on its side and front. I took that to mean front assist wasn't working.

It was raining pretty heavily though so wasn't sure if something had jammed the sensors. It cleared up after a restart anyway.
That's exactly what happened. The weather was rainy. Rain causes humidity and the sensors become gremlins? So will it be this way everytime it rains? :shock:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked once again. It's gone. It's in the office car park, which is a closed space, I think it just dried and the warning went off.
Cars are tested in millions of kms, in every weather condition, and some sensitive sensors just fade away under a standard amount of rain???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NeoVector said:
Might sound silly but do any of the sensors need cleaning? I imagine they are behind the windscreen but might be something on the bumper aswell that has got some dirt or dead bugs on it?
It's just behind the SEAT badge on the grill. You may be right, I wiped in the first place, but didn't work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had it too after I'd driven through big puddles and spray - cleared itself in a few miles

·
Registered
165 Posts
My wife had it, she got home I cleaned the badge and all fine since, it was an incredibly wet day any there was muck on the badge, id rather it turn itself off than suffer the auto emergencey brake again! (See other post)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the same thing 2 weeks ago driving to Glasgow. It was raining at the time but later I wasn't able to find the symbol in the manual. Never happened since but I haven't been out in the rain. Should I be taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi negativepitch
Interesting to see that
Thanks

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The only problem was they talked about cameras when it's a radar and perhaps I didn't read it carefully enough to detect where they talked about a recall..... or put another way I couldn't find it. There are no other cameras apart from the reversing one, the 360 degrees ones and the lane assist ones behind the rear mirror, all the rest of the sensors are radar and ultrasound. The front assist is radar which doubles up on the ACC and the extension to traffic assist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts