Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It actually drives alot like my old Altea. On 19" it felt like my 17" Altea. It did do a belly flop roll on the suspension at one point like American cars as it went over a road undulation. There is one bit up the road from here which causes cars to rock backwards and forwards. It was that I was approaching from the other end. So yes the suspension can make it wallop and that has nothing to do with 19". Will have to get use to this when leaving, underground tree damage.

I switched the auto stop off, can't being having that. Had lights and wipers on auto. I'm 6'1" as per the celebrated Thomas. The leg room is more than my old Altea, no hitting of legs on the wheel when reaching for the breaks. Upright seating position and arm length to wheel is the same. Home from home.

I soon got use to the steering sensitivity, it's the same. Must be a Seat trait.

I got to work out how to get out of the car without looking like I'm falling out mind you. Would have taken photos but the leafy background would have meant I'd get the wheels muddy. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
so good you posted twice ;-)

glad you like her

imagine a 5ft shrimp getting out .... you learn to do a graceful slide haha

What felt wrong about autostop to you? :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto stop. You want to get off when trafic moves not wait for the engine to restart. I can see if you are in stop / start trafic you would have it on, but free flowing trafic with roundabouts and junctions, just slows you down.

The dealer was good on that when I asked it's a button on the line with the hazard warning lights. A off or words to that effect, easy enough to toggle it on and off. Kept auto hold on then you can just forget about the handbrake when you arrive.

I seem to have lost the passenger compartment box under the seat. I was expecting one, wondering whether this is my special non standard build that it's been deleted ?. Any Xcellence drivers like to confirm the under seat passenger storage area ?.

I seem to be missing a 12 volt power out in the boot that I was expecting as well on the right I thought. Will look again in the daylight. I might be confusing the car with the Tiguan.

No joy with the virtual pedal, I must have alien feet. Tried that twice now.

I've toggled to open all doors rather than just the drivers door at unlock. I had fun fiddling with the lights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tell said:
I seem to have lost the passenger compartment box under the seat. I was expecting one, wondering whether this is my special non standard build that it's been deleted ?

Tell - I don't have a box under the passenger seat either - just one under the drivers seat so I assume that is standard.

I can't decide if the virtual pedal on mine is working or not. I got it to open and close a couple of times but not every time. The dealer and my husband couldn't get it to work at all so maybe it's just getting the correct technique :D I'll see what I think at the end of the week and mention it to the service guys to have a look at (along with the sat nav) if I can't get it working consistently.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tell said:
...I seem to have lost the passenger compartment box under the seat. I was expecting one, wondering whether this is my special non standard build that it's been deleted ?. Any Xcellence drivers like to confirm the under seat passenger storage area ?.

I seem to be missing a 12 volt power out in the boot that I was expecting as well on the right I thought. Will look again in the daylight. I might be confusing the car with the Tiguan.
Yeah its only supposed to have one drawer under the drivers side, and that goes as well if you get electric adjust seat. No 12v in the boot either, like you say that's just the Tiguan.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If it's like something I drove for a while with autooff I found 90% of the time you can anticipate and touch pedal to trigger it back on ready for moving so no lag?

I'll have to play and see when she gets here .... sounds like on a boat now :)

Correction -Status 38 is 'vehicle in port of exit - released to shipping'

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tell said:
Auto stop. You want to get off when trafic moves not wait for the engine to restart. I can see if you are in stop / start trafic you would have it on, but free flowing trafic with roundabouts and junctions, just slows you down.

The dealer was good on that when I asked it's a button on the line with the hazard warning lights. A off or words to that effect, easy enough to toggle it on and off. Kept auto hold on then you can just forget about the handbrake when you arrive.

I seem to have lost the passenger compartment box under the seat. I was expecting one, wondering whether this is my special non standard build that it's been deleted ?. Any Xcellence drivers like to confirm the under seat passenger storage area ?.

I've toggled to open all doors rather than just the drivers door at unlock. I had fun fiddling with the lights.
There is no 12v socket in the boot - a bit of an omission

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruth - thanks have you got a power supply in the boot ?.

I was convinced there was a storage box either side, but may be not, the Tiguan had it...

This dealer acknowledges the virtual pedals have an issue and mine doesn't work when locked. Well I can't get mine to work at all. So they will recall. I'm going to phone them up tomorrow and also our friends in customer services since they told me what the garage said, no problem with it. Think it's a duff piece of electronics that times out or gets corrupted, so it works when first set up then fails.

There is a distinct lack of cubby hole space in the Ateca compared with my old car. I'm going to have a go at pulling the proforma out, it was loose on Saturday. The problem with storing stuff in there without the proforma is that it will rattle about on the metal surface. Aldi are having a sale of their washable mats, so I'm going to measure it up, take a pair of the families heavy duty scissors for carpets and the like and cut to fit around the spare - that's the plan.

Satnav seemed OK. I came back home on it. Getting my destinations in via the VCards, I got to do a bit more work on it. Like chop up a file into 100 pieces to give me 100 VCF files then that will import. The VCF format is potty but is the correct way of importing destinations rather than POIs that are something different.

Thanks Kindness - that dates to when I nearly bought the Tiguan. Only one 12V then and that's right up the front. Thinking of my chiller box. I got an extension lead. I use to have that plugged into the back socket.

Saggy - no just put it off and on when you want to be environmentally friendly and wear out the starter motor. I'd put it on, on an M25 stop / start crawl but what's the point in normal motoring. The whole reason for DSG is to pull away nifty, so that just adds a 1-2 second delay and you hear it start up etc. Just annoying.

I like the panoramic roof better than the Tiguan. I like it dark when the blind is pulled. Since the UK Xcellence is all black then the blind is black facing you so I think it cuts down the light. The Tiguan was more defused light.

You haven't had any wallowing suspension moments in your car then Ruth ?.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I guess start and stop is slightly more irritating in an auto. By the time in a manual you put the car back in gear the car is ready to go. My main issue is to get in the habit of putting it in neutral every time, only way it activates. My 3rd car in a row with start and stop and it is still not second nature for me to do it.

The virtual pedal i will ring the service tomorrow. Mine is still very hit and miss. Only way it works when locked is if I unlock it, get it working, re lock the car, then it works there on in while locked! Almost like it needs a to wake up. Seems software to me, but the reports saying it's a faulty part only effecting certain build weeks means there may be more to it. I guess if it was software everyone would be effected.

Did a round trip to reading for work yesterday. 400 miles. Got 40 mpg on motorway doing 75-80.Getting an easy 35 round town as well, lots of stopping and starting. Not bad for a 1.0 petrol!

I agree cubby room is a slight issue tell. Miss a coin holder in the door!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I turned it of before I hit the road outside the dealer, it kept starting and stopping as each cars filtered onto the road with the delay of restarting I soon had enough. I'm sure I will use it in traffic jams but not in day to day use.

I haven't got the virtual peddle to work at all. To me it sounds like a component failing or needing to be reset. It works initially then ceases from what I've read. The dealer had it working but I didn't. The chief mechanic acknowledged the problem they have with them and said a recall will go out to fix them in due time. I don't totally buy the build week thing, you have to know the number built by week and which work and which don't, do a chi-squared to see whether they are independent. You could even plot them. I haven't seen the figures tabled just someone saying good and bad weeks in German.

I got 30 MPG on the 20 mile return from the dealer. I wasn't pushing it. There coin holder costs £60. I think I will keep my pound on the virtual wireless mat that I don't have !. Still I don't have to worry about the wireless charger cooking my smartphone.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Happy you have your car, it's a shame you're having so many issues though.

I must say Im bloody glad I stayed away from the options list by the sounds of things!

·
Registered
334 Posts
If I had the choice of 500 quid back and servicing for free or wireless charging I would probably skip the charging!! Not used it yet, maybe in future if next iPhone is compatible. Do not fancy a bulky case when you need to plug it in anyway for CarPlay.

My coins are in a small grippy cut out area where the drive selector should be, but obviously isn't available on the 1.0.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If coin storage is an issue, you could get a cup holder ash tray from eBay (less than £5) usually look like mini thermos mug so not unsightly and just sit it in one of the cup holders.
I would hope when the next iPhone comes out it includes wireless charging and SEAT update the software so CarPlay can be used over bluetooth.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Magpie86 said:
If I had the choice of 500 quid back and servicing for free or wireless charging I would probably skip the charging!! Not used it yet, maybe in future if next iPhone is compatible. Do not fancy a bulky case when you need to plug it in anyway for CarPlay.

My coins are in a small grippy cut out area where the drive selector should be, but obviously isn't available on the 1.0.
You don't need a bulky case to to this. you can use a thin normal case with one of these plugged in and against the phone under the case :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Receiver-Lightning-Charging-Receptor/dp/B01CCQZ1GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478688975&sr=8-1&keywords=qi+wireless+charging+for+iphone

·
Registered
334 Posts
Trouble with that adapter is it takes up the lightning port in your phone. Makes it a pain to charge with normal cables or a dock. Also the lightning is where you plug the headphones in now!

I am not sure wireless CarPlay will ever work over Bluetooth. Nasty feeling it will need a wifi component from the car. It's been very slow on the uptake by car manufacturers, wireless CarPlay has been available in iOS for well over a year. Possibly the reason.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to put my trolley coin on the bog standard area where the wireless charger would be along side the phone. But thanks for the tip Dunn. I let my ashtray bit that came with my Altea go yesterday... had I thought. It had spent the last 12 years in the glove box. I'm now thinking that it might have had a coin holder in it. It blocked where I put my phone bracket so I never used it.

Just as well I hadn't invested in anything for wireless charging.

No the offer wasn't £500 + free servicing for three years, just the free servicing for three years which is worth £500. I know some of you like to drive select cars, well this one is so select it's not suppose to be built like it. Through the power of internet I might "meet" another person like me that specified the Navigation Plus and got the wireless charger deleted :lol: They are about but probably haven't been told and not tried to use wireless charging.

I will post a picture up on that on the other thread latter but basically it looks like the area you get sans the wireless mat.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I see. Still a decent compensation for losing something you may never use. Still poor that it happened mind.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Different segment cars but can anyone compare with Ford Focus mk2 in terms of ride and road holding?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pass on that. I was getting a few looks from the neighbours today, a wave and some nods, since I brought it round the front. An Openreach guy took a fancy to it and a black guy walking past.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts