Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked my Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI in Mediterranean Blue up tonight. What can I say...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

Only done about 40 miles in it and spent half an or so playing around with the settings but I have fell in love with it already.

Initial thoughts:

Even though it is dark the car looks stunning in Med Blue with the 19's. The silver and chrome bits contrast beautifully with the paintwork.
The cabin is superb, especially the LED lighting
The exterior lights look awesome and are ridiculously bright
The engine pulls OK but I'm very glad I didn't get a 1.0 TSI as it wouldn't have been powerful enough for me (I'm aware it will loosen up)
The engine is VERY refined and quiet (a bit too quiet for my liking)
You do feel the bumps with the 19's. It suits me as I prefer a harder ride over a soft one but if you really don't like to feel the bumps then avoid the 19's.
It feels just like you're driving a car not an SUV.
The sound system is ok, lots of bass but the speakers will distort if pushed too high. It's certainly powerful but lacks refinement at higher levels, but then again I can't complain for only 180W and £300. Again, it may get better as it is played more.

All in all i am over the moon with the car so far. Here are a couple of night time pics but I'll post more in the members gallery when I can get some taken in daylight.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Looking good, David ! Wishing you many safe & happy Ateca miles :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saggy said:
Yeeeaaaayyyy finally you have her :)

Looks great
I can't wait to see her in the daylight. I'm not sure I'll sleep with all the excitement tonight! :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
its a beaut :D :D :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Obviously the right tyres to complement the suspension :).

Glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Believe it or not, the first picture is with the DRL's on only. The damn things are so bloody bright I couldn't even get my phone camera to pick out the shape of them!

·
Registered
338 Posts
David_S said:
Believe it or not, the first picture is with the DRL's on only. The damn things are so bloody bright I couldn't even get my phone camera to pick out the shape of them!
I see by the time of this post you were either too excited to sleep or....you slept in the darn thing? :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leon said:
David_S said:
I see by the time of this post you were either too excited to sleep or....you slept in the darn thing? :D
Or..... Im that sad that the first thing I do when I wake up is look on this forum :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
David_S said:
Or..... I'm that sad that the first thing I do when I wake up is look on this forum :lol:
... and here's me thinking that I am the only one who does that! ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Car looks great, love the wheels and think you also got a good colour to really make those chrome /silver bits stand out, as you say ride is superb. Hope you enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.