Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm after advice re buying an new car (specifically the Ateca) as I've never bought one before, though had Seats all my life (currently own a 2006 Leon TDi with over 200000 so not expecting much of a trade in on that!)

I'm planning on PCP so how does it all work? What are the timescales, do I put full deposit down when I order (3 to 4K?), or is that payable when the car arrives (as I see the wait times are quite long) and I just put a smaller amount down first (say £500) to secure the build slot?

Can I put a personalised plate on the car (as assume its technically not mine on a PCP?)

Thanks for any help/advice as its all very new to me.

Richard

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Richard and welcome to the forum.
I think I can answer your questions as follows:
PCP; similar to straight forward HP in fact, but with a 'baloon' payment at the end. You agree a deposit figure and an accurate estimation of your yearly mileage and how long you want the agreement to run (normally 3 or 4 years).
Your chosen dealer will then calculate a monthly payment figure and a final (baloon) payment at the end which will also be their 'Guaranteed Final Value' of your chosen car.
They then give you three options: 1 - You pay the final Large payment and keep the car (If you wanted, you could arrange further finance to cover it); 2 - If they value the car at more than their 'Guaranteed' value, you could put that extra down as initial payment on another new SEAT and 3 - You simply give the car back ( subject to any additional payments based on a pence per mile figure if you've gone over the agreed mileage.

When placing your order for the new car, a dealer would normally expect a payment of around £500 to secure the order and you'd pay the balance on collecting the car.

With regard to your personalised plate; once you've 'Retained' the number you receive a V778 form from the DVLA confirming your right to that number. When you receive a delivery date for your new car from the dealer, simply sign the V778 in the appropriate places and hand it to them. They will then complete the registration of the new car, using the number you have 'Retained'. On delivery day, it will be all nice and shiny and displaying the personalised number you have chosen !!

Good luck !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts