Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small question about the fog light switch; When you pull the light switch to the first position (front fog lights) the top icon turns green. At the second position(rear fog lights) the bottom icon stays red. Is this normal or is it broken?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
from memory it doesn't change on the dial but it appears on your dash as on when rear go on

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
my biggest bug bear on the vw group is when on autolights the side light symbol lights up when on but it doesn't change when is everything on ..... it's one of those where on a light but misty morning you can't tell what is on so I switch to manual to be sure

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You glance at the satnav - if it's in night mode the lights are on..... mine seems to bang the lights on much sooner than I would, but looking at other German cars this seems common.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
You glance at the satnav - if it's in night mode the lights are on..... mine seems to bang the lights on much sooner than I would, but looking at other German cars this seems common.
I don't drive with my sat nav on ..... I used to like cars where all light symbols appeared on dials and you knew exactly where you were

and in light but misty no end of people are driving with no lights ............. and I suspect most those are on auto and don't realise

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a small detail but hopefully somebody can give it a try. It's about the two left indicators on the switch.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
deleted as I was grumpy lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I gave in and went to check my memory was correct

front goes green
rearstays red
but
symbol appears on dash for rear

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Think I'm excused of the 200 metres walk to my secret parking space in the cold if Saggy has sorted it.

I always have the satnav as the default screen. I suspect if they are German cars then people have switched them off auto. I'm getting slightly concerned of the cars willingness to put the lights on even when the sun is out,

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saggy said:
my biggest bug bear on the vw group is when on autolights the side light symbol lights up when on but it doesn't change when is everything on ..... it's one of those where on a light but misty morning you can't tell what is on so I switch to manual to be sure
Not just VW group Saggy, my Vauxhall Mokka is the same. It does my noodle in!

·
Registered
189 Posts
don't even have the SD card yet but I do like having google maps up!!

no clue on the fog-lights though. Must be a lot of the grumps around, that was both of us yesterday :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.