Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't seem to get it to work on my Ateca, is there any trick or tip to make it work? Going to be a trip to a dealer shortly if I can't get it to work as could be a fault.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The area that is activated is quite wide. If you look for the tow hook flap, it covers from the centre out to that flap and the equivalent point on the other side.

At first I thought it wasn't working and I was putting my foot too far under the car. You only need to put it in about 6-8 inches under the bumper. You can move it from back to forward or from side to side or wiggle it if you want to.

I find that it now works every time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Maybe the sensors fitted to different cars have different sensitivity? I got it right first time, and have only 'missed' once since we collected the car...
I generally line up and kick straight forward then back, so that my shin doesn't quite touch the bumper, immediately below the SEAT logo in the middle of the tailgate. That seems to work perfectly and reliably, no need for a side-to-side wiggle or anything fancy.
I will admit to finding it one of the nicest convenience features fitted to the car - but there again, I tend to be the person doing the shopping and coming back to the car with both hands full of carrier bags, 30 litre bags of cat litter etc. At least one other person I've demonstrated it to went slightly weak at the knees when she considered how her life might be improved by the same facility - I believe she will now be persuading her husband... :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Make sure you have it actually enabled in the infotainment system. In all of your excitement and fiddling you may just have knocked it off :D

Product Rectangle Font Magenta Smile

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Whenever this comes up I always think one of the problem October builds being sold on that needs fixing but "we" haven't found any yet. Probably some about, although as Kindness has above the menu gets toggled off and you also need the fod on your person to work it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The trick I use is to "kick" the underside of the car i.e. stick your foot underneath and then withdraw it. That seems to be most reliable for me, more than a wiggle.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
& step back but mind passing traffic and trip hazards :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had problems with mine. Took to t to dealer who said it was subject of a recall and they replaced the sensor took about 3 hours. Might have been one of the fabled week 39 cars now worked perfectly

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It would have been. Mine was one of them but garages if not pressed will pretend they know nothing off it, I can see a few still being about if a demonstrator/ the dealers car, sold on but not fixed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems to work now I enabled "Easy Open" in opening and closing settings.

·
Registered
979 Posts
AndyE14 said:
Seems to work now I enabled "Easy Open" in opening and closing settings.
Yes that does help :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well that was my case as well - I thought its does not work but it was just disabled in the system. They call it Virtual pedal but in the system it is Easy open. Thats why I did not see it in the first place. It actually works very well - I dont even have to try hard to open it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is staggeringly difficult to find this documented, without help here or a demo (which I didn't get), I would still be struggling. The manual is particularly shocking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
AndyE14 said:
The manual is particularly shocking.
Amen to that. Generally if I have a query I'm not bothering with the manual - either I try to work it out myself or I do an internet search... which more often than not ends up with this site...

·
Registered
979 Posts
PaulT00 said:
AndyE14 said:
The manual is particularly shocking.
Amen to that. Generally if I have a query I'm not bothering with the manual - either I try to work it out myself or I do an internet search... which more often than not ends up with this site...
Yeah collectively we seem to manage to work out everything on here :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
When the car was delivered at the dealer he tried to show how it worked...and could barely get it to work. It is not that easy to find the correct method and offfical documentation is lacking. Must say I will likely never use it, got it as part of a package of options and it was cheaper to get those options with the virtual petal than without, go figure. When I was changing the license plate the hatch suddenly started opening, ha ha. Going to deactivate it. Guess you need to be careful if changing tires or some other work, beware...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You do have to put your foot under the centre and step back. If you don't step back it won't open. If it doesn't open, repeat the procedure. That's the dangerous bit that you walk backwards. It is a god send for loading and unloading the boot since it saves the extra journey working on the basis you never put anything down outside due to dirt. I'm always using it. Grad four shopping bags, two per hand, lift out, foot under. Holiday bags the same.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I spoke to my dealer about this and they say the best way is to sweep your foot under the bumper from either left to right or the other way and that works everytime.
He also pointed out that as the boot is rising you can stop it at any height by pressing the boot close button just once. It resets after you close.
If you want it to stop at that height everytime you press and hold the button at you required height.

·
Registered
979 Posts
As Tell mentioned the stick your right foot under, stick your right foot out and do the hokey kokey works for me :D
Thomas tells you all about adjusting the boot around 27mins into this video review

·
Registered
82 Posts
Darrin3333 said:
I spoke to my dealer about this and they say the best way is to sweep your foot under the bumper from either left to right or the other way and that works everytime.
That's what I do and never fails. Leg out, under the bumper, and move left to right or right to left like rolling a football.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts