Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't see them listed on SEAT website yet but just noticed you can pre-order the FR from DriveTheDeal. They're roughly only £130 cheaper than an Xcellence.

You can have either 1.4 tsi or 1.4tsi DSG
or
2.0tdi 4x4 man or DSG
or
The new engine - 2.0tsi DSG 4x4 which retails at £29115.

Options? Well if you wanted to bring a 1.4 FR up to a 1.4 Xcellence spec:

Full leather - £1010
Keyless go and entry and connectivity hub with wireless charging - £505
Convenience Pack - £175
Winter Pack £325

List price of FR: £24470
List price of Xcellence £24600

Assuming the broker has the prices / specs correct, then IMO the FR sounds crap value compared to the Xcellence. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The only reason I can think of for buying one would be for the new 2 litre petrol engine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends what you want out of the car! I personally think the visual upgrades (again, subject to opinion) are a worthy trade off for convenice pack/winter pack. I do think the convenience pack may be worth the purchase but that brings the cars to about the same price if the above is to be believed.

I prefer the alcantara over leather anyway and have an iPhone 6 which doesn't support wireless charging without a bulky case so again these are non factors for myself.

Having body coloured plastics, spoiler, the newer colours (basing this off of the press release red) the sportiness of the FR logos and stitiching as well as the 2.0 petrol and DCC as an option which I'll likely choose makes the FR a definite for me.

Judging from the age of an Ateca driver thread I'm possibly the youngest on here at 25 so it's likely I'll have a differing view to those of a much older vintage :lol:

Excited for the official release at the motoring show later this month, can't wait to see an actual video of the FR as opposed to the pics!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NorthernRY said:
Having body coloured plastics, spoiler, the newer colours
'
Didn't give that a thought. Colour options on the FR listed as:

Lava Blue - Free ( Always said I didn't like Lava - it's that awful they're giving it away free now! :lol: )

Black - £575
Nevada - £575
Rodium - £575
Velvet Red - £575
Samoa - £650 Which incidentally, I have just realised is a solid colour :oops: That's probably why I've never liked it - darken it up a tad, make it metallic, call it bronze and then you'd have a better colour ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
NorthernRY said:
Having body coloured plastics, spoiler, the newer colours
'
Didn't give that a thought. Colour options on the FR listed as:

Lava Blue - Free ( Always said I didn't like Lava - it's that awful they're giving it away free now! :lol: )

Black - £575
Nevada - £575
Rodium - £575
Velvet Red - £575
Samoa - £650 Which incidentally, I have just realised is a solid colour :oops: That's probably why I've never liked it - darken it up a tad, make it metallic, call it bronze and then you'd have a better colour ;)
Velvet red, sounds sensual haha.

I thought it was desire red like the Leon colour?

I like Samoa orange, especially when it's sunny!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NorthernRY said:
Velvet red, sounds sensual haha.
'
Probably named after those 1970's velvet seats that come as std in the FR. :D

Can't say I much care for moquette, velvet, alcantara or whatever they want to call it... Just think of all the creepy crawlies laying their eggs in those fibres :eek: It's much easier to live with leather, a simple wipe and your seats are perfectly clean.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The Alcantara in the Ateca is very good indeed. It's very fine and can easily be wiped clean with a damp cloth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like to hoover my car weekly so doubt there's going to be a problem, not sure how long you leave your car before cleaning it if you're coming up with that problem :shock: Just much more comfortable I think!

I hate the feel of hot or cold leather same reason I didn't get a leather sofa! Depends on the quality of leather as well for how hard wearing it is.

I think Alcantara has a premium feel to it but again, all entitled to our own opinions!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well you get option to buy 2.0 TSI and get fancy FR logo/wheel stichings and unique full red color.
But thats about it. If you get 1.4 TSI then its same car just different look :D

I'm not sure the extra cost is worth it compared to excellence package. If that FR had some extra sporty enhancements to engine or offered more visual look by default (cool exhaust ect) then i would have been interested to pay extra with excellence trim.

·
Registered
60 Posts
supreme said:
Well you get option to buy 2.0 TSI and get fancy FR logo/wheel stichings and unique full red color.
But thats about it. If you get 1.4 TSI then its same car just different look :D

I'm not sure the extra cost is worth it compared to excellence package. If that FR had some extra sporty enhancements to engine or offered more visual look by default (cool exhaust ect) then i would have been interested to pay extra with excellence trim.
Here's a link to the press release for the list of differences/exclusives.

http://www.seat.co.uk/about-seat/news-events/cars/new-seat-ateca-fr.html

Swings and round abouts, gotta weigh up what's best on a personal level!

A friend of mine is looking at a 1.4 Excellence but he quite likes the Tiguan though it's a bit pricer (I keep pointing him to this forum to help him make his mind up) so if he gets one and when I eventually get an FR I'll post a side by side interior/exterior comparison for people to use as a reference :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts