Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Ordered my Seat Ateca on 18 October 2016 from Seat dealer in Estonia.
The Baltics Seat importer is located in Finland.

The local dealer didn't give me any build dates so I asked directly from Finland importer.

Their answer:
"Thank you for contacting SEAT.

You asked about your new SEAT Ateca delivery date. We did ask from the factory what is the status of your car and there is estimated production week for your car at the week 7/2017. Production line for the SEAT Ateca is now working with the maximum capasity. SEAT Ateca rise to favour has been so big that number of the orders has created some unwelcome delay for the production.

Manufacturer will do its best to get your vehicle under production as soon as possible. In the meanwhile we like to ask you to keep your patience in this case. Your car dealer will inform you straight away when there is some progress in your order.

Thank you for choosing SEAT and we wish you many safety kilometres with your new SEAT vehicle when it arrives."

What might be the delivery date when the estimated build date is the 7th week?

·
Registered
328 Posts
In the UK it would probably be 2-4 weeks after build, not sure if that changes over your way though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found out that the estimated build dates were 46, then 03 , and now it is 07.
I hope that the week 07 will be the real build date.
Usually it takes 3-4 weeks to deliver it after build week.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
UK is 4-6 weeks more like the backend. Don't know where other people are getting those numbers from. After build they can lay about for a couple of weeks at the factory, then get shipped. Then may be a delay at the port of departure, then in the UK again. Times might be different to Finland.

How's car crime in the Balkan states these days. Had to lock our rental in a compound in Narva since it wasn't safe on the street.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered my Ateca 1.4 xcellence / panoramic roof / DSG etc on Jan 6 found out build date is not until May 21.
I miss out on the £1000 discount as Seat can't deliver within their deadline for the discount... doesn't seem fair ?
Nothing I can do! C'est la vie!
I look forward to following forum posts while I wait!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We ordered our Xcellence in starting of october. First they told us, we could have the car in the end of february. They have now change the date to week 15, where the car Will be delivered, here in Denmark.
The update came directly from Seat Denmark. So they said it was 100% week 15

·
Registered
218 Posts
I phoned Seat UK today for an update on my build week.

Seat said it is still unconfirmed as being week 5 (my dealer told me it is confirmed!). I questioned when it will be confirmed as the build week is less than 2 weeks away and they said there is a shortage of the 1.4 engines so they don't know when it will actually be built. They are currently advising build times of May for the 1.4 engines!!

I questioned why if there is a shortage of 1.4 engines my build week has tumbled from week 13 to now week 5 since I placed my order. I didn't get an explanation!

So basically I don't know when my Ateca will be built!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is also scheduled for week 4 but until I have heard it has been built I'm determined not to get excited, plus I'm waiting until 1st March earliest to get it on a 17 plate, will hopefully be in it as early as possible in March.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tell said:
UK is 4-6 weeks more like the backend. Don't know where other people are getting those numbers from. After build they can lay about for a couple of weeks at the factory, then get shipped. Then may be a delay at the port of departure, then in the UK again. Times might be different to Finland.

How's car crime in the Balkan states these days. Had to lock our rental in a compound in Narva since it wasn't safe on the street.
My car was built W/C 13th Dec and was delivered to my dealership on 13th Jan so 4 and a half weeks with a 2 week holiday in the middle is where I'm getting my figures from.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yours was built pre Xmas break and probably on her travels David

Not everything stops for 2 weeks at Xmas. My factory had only Xmas day with no one there At all

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
David_S said:
My car was built W/C 13th Dec and was delivered to my dealership on 13th Jan so 4 and a half weeks with a 2 week holiday in the middle is where I'm getting my figures from.
Others have sat outside the factory for two weeks. I think they batch them up into job lots for movement from the factory out across Europe so if you get on the end of that shipment you are off, but if you aren't you aren't. So the normal four weeks is fine if you don't get one of these two week delays thrown in. Mine waited for a couple of weeks outside the factory before it started it's journey, others have found them waiting outside the factory the same, other found them waiting elsewhere, like Kindness at the embarkation port.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saggy said:
Yours was built pre Xmas break and probably on her travels David

Not everything stops for 2 weeks at Xmas. My factory had only Xmas day with no one there At all
I was only going in what both customer services and the dealer said to be fair. You can surely add a week on though for Xmas and New Year at the very least.

But you're right, my car could have been in transit before the Xmas and New Year break started.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tell said:
David_S said:
Others have sat outside the factory for two weeks. I think they batch them up into job lots for movement from the factory out across Europe so if you get on the end of that shipment you are off, but if you aren't you aren't. So the normal four weeks is fine if you don't get one of these two week delays thrown in. Mine waited for a couple of weeks outside the factory before it started it's journey, others have found them waiting outside the factory the same, other found them waiting elsewhere, like Kindness at the embarkation port.
I was obviously very lucky then because 4 weeks from build to delivery with Xmas and New Year in the way isn't too shabby in my eyes.

And on that note, I pick mine up tonight :D :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just been told directly from Seat, that when the car is build, it wil take 14-16 days for transporting the car to Denmark.
So the car dealer Said i Will get mine in week 15 - now after Talking to SEAT, it wil be week 11

·
Registered
280 Posts
Like a few other UK based forum members on here, I was given a confirmed build date of week 3, and when I called SEAT Customer Services yesterday they confirmed that my Ateca is currently "in production" and should be completed by the end of this week, which sounds good to me!

He then went to to say that my dealer should have it about 3 weeks after that though, which seemed a bit too quick, I thought.

I was also told that they could indeed tell me the name of the ship which would be carrying it across the sea, once it gets to that stage.

As I am looking for a 1st March pick up date, the timescale looks about right, but I am very much aware that there could very easily be a delay, for one reason or another, before then, so in the meantime I will be keeping all my fingers tightly crossed! ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't comment on build date as I took over a stock order, but mine arrived at the port on 23rd December and will reach the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ours was super-quick, built late November, collected December 16th (iirc!) but yeah I think we were lucky, fast turnround at the dealers too. Only thing was we didn't wait for the SD card, that turned up last week.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Telling you the name of the ship is a new thing. Perhaps Kindness pioneered it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tell said:
Telling you the name of the ship is a new thing. Perhaps Kindness pioneered it.
Why did Kindness mention it somewhere?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.