Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 tdi 4x4. The front assist yellow triangle keeps flashing up on the dash when I start driving after it's been raining. The badge is clean but when I pull away and there are rain drops on the front badge it always comes on. Sometimes if clears itself, sometimes I pull over and wipe the rain drops off. The garage has said the badge is loose as 2 fixing lugs are missing and this is causing the issue but I've put some double sided tape around the edges of the back of the badge so as not to impede the radar and the badge is now rock solid but still I'm getting the warning notice after rain.
Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions please? I don't want to spend nearly 200.00 on a new badge if that won't cure it. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ... I had an issue with the front badge two year ago after a service !! the dealership accepted no responsilibty for the badge fixing lugs being broken caiming it in that condition when the car was delivered to them for service, I know that was not the case. Needless to say the car don't go there no more !!. But the issue you describe regarding the F/A flashing up started the day after but not very often. I have replaced the badge and had the F/A sensivity adjusted and it has behaved itself since. In all fairness I really don't think my issue had anything to do with the badge, but I got the shock of my life when I ordered it, I'm not certain but I think you can adjust the sensivity yourself in 'CAR SETTINGS' ....... it might be worth looking in to that or getting some advice from your dealership, if they are any good they could advise over the phone
Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I had similar problem few months ago. My front assist, lane keeping, start stop and cruise control showed "not available", went to dealer where I was quoted £400 for radar adjustment but didn't solve the problem. Long story short after investigating they found the camera behind the front radar stopped working. Cost of replacement was £500 but I argued with the dealer and Seat its warranty issue, new one was sent/replaced that solved the problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts