Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I wonder If someone can give me some advice please.
I have had the car since November and in that time on 3 occasions, the front assist has beeped at me and braked sharply with nothing obvious in front of me ?

I think it can be a little dangerous especially if I was on a fast moving road. Luckily on each occasion so far, I've been on slow moving roads doing about 20/30 mph.

Has anyone else had this happen ?
Thanks for your help in advance

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
There are people on the board where it has happened. High verges has been reported a couple of times. Litter like crisp packets. Some people have adjusted the warning down to late which delays the process from kicking in so it doesn't. These people haven't been complaining about it since then, so I'd try adjusting it down. If that doesn't fix it then get it checked.

It's a forward looking radar so if it sees a high country verge it may see that as an obstacle. There have been reports that ACC and front assist don't work together too well - German board. They also report it sees barriers and slams the breaks on. Crisp packets litter, metallic.

Less issues seem to be reported lately. The adjustments by a dealer needs a special metal target screen and I do wonder how many dealers have these. Getting your rear wheel alignment done requires the front assist to be recalibrated so it's a bit of a can of worms on maintenance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does anyone have instructions on how to turn the warning down?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the info Tell, appreciate it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and thanks very much for your advice.
I have turned the warning down to late and so far so good.

Will keep you posted
Best Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts