Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

<t>How much leg room in front passenger seat?</t>

  • <t>Hardly Any</t>

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <t>Not Much</t>

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • <t>Ok</t>

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • <t>Good amount</t>

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • <t>Plenty</t>

    Votes: 13 40.6%
  • <t>Loads</t>

    Votes: 13 40.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I feel we need another poll and different thread as we seem to have hijacked Missy's one :? Can all current owners please have a try sitting in their Ateca front passenger seats to see how much leg room they have available. Do this at the height you find comfortable as well. At the moment we seem to have one member who thinks the leg room is cramped but many others think the opposite :D Please add your vote and leave a comment with your height and how you find it. Try it pumped up to the highest level as well out of interest. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As mentioned in the other thread with photos to prove, I find there is loads of leg room available. When I pump up the seat to the max I still have 4 inches of knee room when legs bent & can still stretch my legs out fully at 5 foot 11 inches, which i would still class as plenty. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
I'm 6" and i've had more experience of the passenger seat than i'd like (my golf got swapped for the Ateca, which my wife now uses for the baby so i use her ibiza for work and end up as a passenger in the ateca during the week to stop playing round with the seat settings) . Must say i find the leg room is ok - i can't fully stretch legs but haven't got the seat back fully due to the baby seat behind, but even with that i'm pretty comfy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Ok I feel we need another poll and different thread as we seem to have hijacked Missy's one :? Can all current owners please have a try sitting in their Ateca front passenger seats to see how much leg room they have available. Do this at the height you find comfortable as well. At the moment we seem to have one member who thinks the leg room is cramped but many others think the opposite :D Please add your vote and leave a comment with your height and how you find it. Try it pumped up to the highest level as well out of interest. :D
Ah, Kindness ! A man always to be relied upon to attempt to settle a dispute by democratic means; good on ya, sir !

I'm not as tall as you are, so I might see if I can fit myself entirely into the footwell :lol: :lol: :lol:
I shall be voting for the "loads of room option" as I can't touch the front of the footwell even with the front seat in a relatively forward position :lol: :lol: #shortarse :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
5ft 2 plus very high platform heels to simulate being 6ft 1 and still loads ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Another survey is do you think the seats should be allowed to encroach on rear passenger seat space since they have enough already with the seats fully back. Most cars will do this but the Ateca makes a point of giving generous space when the seats are fully back.

6'1". The co-driver is equally unimpressed at 5'10". Age is another criteria. You get aches and pains and you need to relax with your legs out not cramped in.

As far as I'm concerned it's a design fault / cunning plan to make a gap between the standard youth Ateca and it's bigger brother which will have the seating flexibility like the Kodiaq and some more bins for storage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell said:
Another survey is do you think the seats should be allowed to encroach on rear passenger seat space since they have enough already with the seats fully back. Most cars will do this but the Ateca makes a point of giving generous space when the seats are fully back.
Sorry Tell you have confused me, not sure what your trying to say?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can those who have voted 'Not much' and OK please write a comment to say how tall they are and why they find this. I'm guessing one of them is Tell but useful to know the others opinion :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Tell said:
Another survey is do you think the seats should be allowed to encroach on rear passenger seat space since they have enough already with the seats fully back. Most cars will do this but the Ateca makes a point of giving generous space when the seats are fully back.
Sorry Tell you have confused me, not sure what your trying to say?
The seat rail should be longer so the seats can go back further.

I reckon if you measure the Kodiaq's seat travel it will be longer than the Ateca's which is how they got the front footwell space by nicking it from the rear. I'm happy to use that space myself if it was given to me as an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell said:
The seat rail should be longer so the seats can go back further.

I reckon if you measure the Kodiaq's seat travel it will be longer than the Ateca's which is how they got the front footwell space by nicking it from the rear. I'm happy to use that space myself if it was given to me as an option.
Early days but I think the picture we are starting to see from the poll is that nobody else thinks longer seat rails are necessary. Can you not even give a little bit and try a few pumps lower to see if it gives you more room? Such an easy solution it seems that shouldn't hurt your back any extra. I found that pumping the seat moved it further forward than up to be honest and didn't make a lot of difference to the height.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
For what 'tis worth, I got my 6'4" son to try the front passenger seat out and he thought it was "fine". He's a man of few words....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
Saggy said:
5ft 2 plus very high platform heels to simulate being 6ft 1 and still loads ;)
Hmmm, think we need to see photos of that!! :p

I'm 6'4", just tried with seat not fully back, a few clicks from the back, and jacked fully up, and I have about 2-3" between knees and the dash..
Fully back there's about 5-6"...

There seems no less than any other car I have ever owned!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I don't know where you get the 5-6" from. I can only conclude we are all built differently on the upper leg even if the height is greater. Kindness is missing 10" to me, you're missing 4". I know I had free school milk, free Orange juice and free fish liver oil when growing up. Saggy has to put platforms on to catch up.

I did check the rails before Kindness asks. Seats all the way back. The bolster will come in but Kindness is on the leather so it isn't that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell said:
I don't know where you get the 5-6" from. I can only conclude we are all built differently on the upper leg even if the height is greater. Kindness is missing 10" to me, you're missing 4". I know I had free school milk, free Orange juice and free fish liver oil when growing up. Saggy has to put platforms on to catch up.

I did check the rails before Kindness asks. Seats all the way back. The bolster will come in but Kindness is on the leather so it isn't that.
Tell as I have pointed out I was mistaken it was not 12" it was a 8" gap I have when seat lowered and fully back. 4" space when fully pumped up to max. Do you not think as per the poll and everyone disagreeing with you that maybe you have yet another fault on your car? Have you tried putting both seats back to see if they come to the same level?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I don't have my car yet but I did try out all the seating positions several times in my showroom visits. I'm 6'3 and don't remember ever thinking that leg room was an issue anywhere in the car.

I'll check again when I get it but I have a feeling you are just at the wind up Tell. I think you like being controversial just so people will reply to you and give you the attention you seek.

I hope that is not the case but you seem to be at it every thread :lol:

Maybe you should try and enjoy the good bits about your car or just get rid of it... If you are that unhappy with the vehicle then I'm sure you won't mind losing a bit of money to get something more to your taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Scott1988 said:
I don't have my car yet but I did try out all the seating positions several times in my showroom visits. I'm 6'3 and don't remember ever thinking that leg room was an issue anywhere in the car.

I'll check again when I get it but I have a feeling you are just at the wind up Tell. I think you like being controversial just so people will reply to you and give you the attention you seek.

I hope that is not the case but you seem to be at it every thread :lol:

Maybe you should try and enjoy the good bits about your car or just get rid of it... If you are that unhappy with the vehicle then I'm sure you won't mind losing a bit of money to get something more to your taste.
Well said Scott ! :D Attention seeking is exactly it........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Have you tried using the ODBEleven? You may be able to conjure up a bit more leg room with that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok we have 28 votes in at the moment with a whopping 97% saying they find the space OK at the very least (79% actually think plenty & loads of space). With 4% thinking not much space, ohh hold on that's one person, I wonder who on earth that person is ;) We have people such as Ghiggz at 6'4" actually able to pump the seat right up and click it forward & still have room for gods sake :roll: I know that this is all a fruitless exercise as the person in question refuses point blank in the face of all this proof to admit that he is WRONG. I fully expect a follow up comment more along the lines of like we have already seen that we all have weird lengths of upper legs, are just used to it or we should be driving saloon cars if we don't pump the seat right up, as that's how SUVs are meant to be driven :roll: Anyhow keep voting as the more the merrier to show that every single person so far has disagreed that there is a lack of space :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
I would suggest that a double amputation below the knee could solve the problem. Perhaps that's an OBDEleven option.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top