Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of times after heavy rain the sensor (as per title) has came up as "fault - city emergency brake sensor". Once cleared of water its ok. Anyone else had this ?

Registered
Yep has been reported a few times including myself. The sensor is behind the SEAT logo on grill. Any heavy rain or a jet wash can cause this fault to pop up. A wipe down or left to dry always clears it. 馃榾

Registered
It's come up a few times in the forum. I got the front sensor impaired message this morning, but struggled to find anything in the search on it. I think it likes perfect conditions.

Registered
Yes I had it yesterday in the heavy rain and I was a little concerned and rang the dealer and they said that the sensor is within the grill and it could be the amount of rain causing it to trigger. Just thankful it didn't trigger the brakes, but I at least know what it is now.

Registered
Had this once or twice on the Ateca, and unusually (for a change) on the Polo FCA system the other (damp) morning, but it cleared within 10 minutes of driving and the FCA and ACC became available again. Seems to be a reasonably common occurrence on the Ateca according to members of the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I can live with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts