Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any experience of these but with the summer approaching and the Xcellence starting to bake in the sun with a hot bum on the black leather seats, sun through the front glass, trips abroad, anybody got any recommendations on manufacturer. I found this one on Amazon. Outback Shades.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Australian-conditions-windshield-protector-available/dp/B0118V3UTM/ref=pd_lpo_263_bs_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N1TQ424TXXC19Y6KF29K#Ask

This one

http://outbackshades.com/product/car-shades/

It's Ozzie made or designed so must be good and gets glowing reviews. Anybody got a tape measure.

150cm(60″ base) x 80cm (32″ height) this sunshade will protect your car, SUV or Truck and allow you to enjoy the entire drive home
Bit of measuring at daybreak.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah. It's a towel you sit on instead, I read that this morning.

Be out with my tape measure soon. I already have the back seat ones covered up with a car blanket. It's really for when I take the car across Europe where two years ago the car got upto 40'c or rather the outside temperature was 40'c. You'd kill yourself with leather seats in that sun. Parking up for a hike I don't want to come back to an unbearable car.

No I don't like the leather seats they don't provide the same level of side support in the buckets as my old cloth Seat sports seats. Perhaps they can't execute bucket seats so well in leather or they think the sides scuff so ease off on the hugging bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Why don't you just simply buy seat covers if you hate those leather seats so much?
Perhaps because 1 sun shade is cheaper and easier to place/remove than a full set of seat covers.

I'm not a fan of leather seats either but I have them in mine because of the Xcellence spec.

Cheers Tell, I'll have a look into these.

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah you get a Kangaroo, rather two, on the one I've ordered although I recall seeing the Seat one somewhere. See how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts